DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 13 First ... 678910 ... Last
    the reason why I ask is because I am experiencing a bug.
    when having two tokens overlapping if i click on token a token b is brought to the front.
    if i click on token b token a is brought to front.
    and it is just broken when more that 3 tokens are overlapped.
    I have tested this in an empty pathfinder 1e campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimil508 View Post
    the reason why I ask is because I am experiencing a bug.
    when having two tokens overlapping if i click on token a token b is brought to the front.
    if i click on token b token a is brought to front.
    and it is just broken when more that 3 tokens are overlapped.
    I have tested this in an empty pathfinder 1e campaign.
    Thanks for reporting that. Not sure how that slipped past all of my testing, but I just pushed 1.7.1 with a fix for this.

HI Saagael, hope you are doing fine!

I have downloaded this extension but each time I click on a token, a lot of stuff appears in the chat. I have yet to test the extension in more controlled conditions (without other running extension) but I attach to the present post a snapshot of my screen.

Hope it will help somehow.

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 10.00.53.png

Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    HI Saagael, hope you are doing fine!

I have downloaded this extension but each time I click on a token, a lot of stuff appears in the chat. I have yet to test the extension in more controlled conditions (without other running extension) but I attach to the present post a snapshot of my screen.

Hope it will help somehow.

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 10.00.53.png
    That's debug info I was using to track down an issue.. not sure how I managed to release it that way. Regardless, I pushed an update on the Forge that removes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    That's debug info I was using to track down an issue.. not sure how I managed to release it that way. Regardless, I pushed an update on the Forge that removes it.
    is 1.1.0 the updated version? I'm still seeing the debug info when I click on tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    is 1.1.0 the updated version? I'm still seeing the debug info when I click on tokens.
    Version 1.7.3 is the latest version.

Issue solved!!! For whatever reason, your extension was not updating from the Forge. Delete, reinstalled and now everything is working like a charm.

Thank yu very much for the prompt reply!

Love this extension, thanks for your hard work. Feature request: could you add a visual that tokens are stacked in a hex or square? That way my players (and me, the GM) could more easily tell if multiple tokens are taking up the same space and we can use the extension's functionality to pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerophilex View Post
    Love this extension, thanks for your hard work. Feature request: could you add a visual that tokens are stacked in a hex or square? That way my players (and me, the GM) could more easily tell if multiple tokens are taking up the same space and we can use the extension's functionality to pick one.
    This is a great idea, and I will investigate it, but I suspect that this isn't really feasible. Tokens don't have an accessible z-order property, which means it is impossible for me to put an little graphic only the top-most token. This means I would need to put the graphic on every token in a stack, and that means I would need to calculate whether every token overlaps any other token. Currently this expensive check is only done for one token when you click on a token (i.e. it's only run once every mouse click event). But in order to put a graphic on the tokens it would need to happen every time a token moves, and that could end up running many times per second as you drag a token. And that would have a very noticeable performance impact.

I'll see if I can get actual measurements on the performance though. Maybe it's not as bad as I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    This is a great idea, and I will investigate it, but I suspect that this isn't really feasible. Tokens don't have an accessible z-order property, which means it is impossible for me to put an little graphic only the top-most token. This means I would need to put the graphic on every token in a stack, and that means I would need to calculate whether every token overlaps any other token. Currently this expensive check is only done for one token when you click on a token (i.e. it's only run once every mouse click event). But in order to put a graphic on the tokens it would need to happen every time a token moves, and that could end up running many times per second as you drag a token. And that would have a very noticeable performance impact.

I'll see if I can get actual measurements on the performance though. Maybe it's not as bad as I think.
    Thanks for considering it! I hope there's a way to implement the feature without too much of a performance hit.

Thread Information