DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Duplicating large tables?

I would like to modify the treasure tables by putting my own custom items, trinkets and magic items, etc., but the lock on the top right is violet because it comes straight from the 2e dungeon master's guide module.

I know that to allow it to be editable I have to copy it and be satisfied with only being able to modify the copy. The problem is, lets say I make a copy of Treasure Table A. The other tables linked below in the strings are still linked to the violet locked ones. I could copy each of them for all the tables but that would be very very time consuming.

What would be the most efficient way to copy all the treasure tables so I may edit them?

Start at the bottom of the table list and work your way to the top instead of the other way around. You want to be working up toward the overview tables instead of down from them, so that you can test-roll along the way.

It’s just drag-copying a bunch of tables and drop-linking them. It shouldn’t take all that much time compared to when they were made from scratch.

Oh, and do yourself a favor when you’re done and everything is working right - make a copy before you start customizing so you’ll always have a pristine version of the vanilla.
    Last edited by EOTB; December 20th, 2022 at 08:20.

Quote Originally Posted by EOTB View Post
    Start at the bottom of the table list and work your way to the top instead of the other way around. You want to be working up toward the overview tables instead of down from them, so that you can test-roll along the way.

It’s just drag-copying a bunch of tables and drop-linking them. It shouldn’t take all that much time compared to when they were made from scratch.

Oh, and do yourself a favor when you’re done and everything is working right - make a copy before you start customizing so you’ll always have a pristine version of the vanilla.
    Working bottom to top seem best, good tip. Won't the violet locked copy be a sufficient "pristine" vanilla copy?

Up to you

Thread Information