FG Spreadshirt Swag

Handler Error in 4E Combat Tracker

When I add an effect to a character or NPc in the combat tracker and change the duration, the log windows shows a handler error.

This occured since one of the last updates. I removed all extensions and modules and reinstalled everything, but the problem is still there.

Can someone replicate it?

I'm not able to replicate with a test character. I attempted these options:

1) add it manually in the combat tracker
    2) drag and drop from the tool sidebar category effect list (tested a few of them)

You may need to post the error you are receiving and more specific steps. Posting your error can be done with a screenshot or by log compiling and posting them here. When the console appears, there is a button for compile logs and should place a zip file on your desktop if you are windows.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I got the error as well. I put a test effect on an NPC which had no entry for the duration. In the combat tracker I clicked on the duration to change it to Enc and it gave me the error.

[ERROR] Handler error: [string "C:ct_effect: expiration"]:23: attempt to index field 'initresult' (a nil value)
    [ERROR] Handler error: [string "C:ct_effect: expiration"]:27: attempt to index field 'initresult' (a nil value)

Although I did notice that after I posted this that the NPC did not actually have a value for initiative yet. But when I filled in initiative or tried with other NPCs with initiative already filled in it would still sometimes generate the error, especially when changing back to having no (i.e., blank) duration.

Last edited by gamerhawaii; December 17th, 2022 at 16:32.

Hi, thank you Gamerhawaii. So it's not just just me. Perhaps this can help @superteddy57 to find the bug.

Thanks, I was able to find what is causing the error and should be included with the next 4E update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

This update just went out.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you. I really appreciate the super fast fix.

Thread Information