5E Character Create Playlist

Player able to load extension data

Yesterday we trobuleshooted some internet connection issues with one of our players who could only load 2/3 into the loading screen when connecting to our GM.

We've deleted cache of test campaigns and tried again in a fresh new campaign without any extensions or moduels loaded and the player could connect, though sometimes got errors about extensions from another cached campaign with something like "extension meta-data error". The extensions would then load for the player, show in chat and even work halfway, while the GM had no extensions enabled and none loaded. After exiting and reconnecting, this error was gone. Maybe something buggy in the syncstate of extensions?

Sorry for the rather unclear reproduction.

This is mostly meant as information for the devs as this is not the root cause for our problems yesterday but a symptom (which might be exploitable). The player will try to connect via VPN next week bypassing his ISP routers which he isn't allowed to manage.

Blog Entries
    As you probably know, players should not be able to independently load any extensions. Try to get the player to compile logs so the devs can see what's going on (as well as a GM set of logs at the same time).

The only thing I can think of are special characters in campaign names and campaigns that are near identical. I wonder if that might cause the wrong campaign to load for the player. Though that seems highly unlikely.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The local extension list is built when the launcher screen is opened, so that the extension options can be provided on the launch screen. If there are errors reading the local extension data, they will pop up during the launch screen, regardless of whether player or GM.

Any extensions used in a campaign that you are playing in are downloaded/cached during the connection process, and those will be used over any locally installed options. If there are errors in the downloaded/cached extensions, they will pop up during the loading screen or the initial desktop display.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information