STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    To this point, I think their should be a story entry, the first one, that explains this change. Lots of people don't come to the forums, don't watch the videos, and just expect things to keep working they way they have been for years. A quick story entry that tells users this would be the most effective, imo, way to communicate to the most number of users. i.e. for those of us used to the old way, we are going to look in stories first, having a story telling us the new way would be sure to educate us.
    Agree as well, perfect way to communicate the change.

A single story entry sounds good.

I generally include a story entry on 'How to use this module in Fantasy Grounds'. However judging by the questions I get about certain modules not a lot of people read that particular entry. However if there's only one then it'll probably get read.

I also agree that a forum post; or a mention in the store description won't hit many users either. Since I use the forum all the time I forget that many don't even know it exists beyond registering an account.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. This was also a suggestion of Derek from our Customer Support team. I will look at putting that in for an update next week. I might tie it in with a video that I can link from the story entry as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Thanks guys. This was also a suggestion of Derek from our Customer Support team. I will look at putting that in for an update next week. I might tie it in with a video that I can link from the story entry as well.
    Thanks Doug. I was just getting started with Dragonlance and the same questions came to my mind. The story section explaining how to use would be a great thing and could be standard across all new adventure modules.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemuck1 View Post
    From a DM's perspective (at least mine) its much easier to make new story entries/add to story entries to streamline the process and prep. Maybe I'm just not adjusting to the new way of doing it through the reference manual but I prefer to have the entries in the story functionality.
    Completely agree, I'm so accustomed after all the years I have used FG that I create my own Story entries in my own Modules.

Use of the reference mannual directly is not a dissaster but it needs a rework in the IU to highlight the functionality, a direct button, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbiales View Post
    Completely agree, I'm so accustomed after all the years I have used FG that I create my own Story entries in my own Modules.

Use of the reference mannual directly is not a dissaster but it needs a rework in the IU to highlight the functionality, a direct button, for example.
    I agree with this. It may be 'you can't teach an old dog' type of thing (and probably is) but I really dislike the way the adventure modules are done using the reference manual vs. story entries and have had a hard time adjusting to it. Out of curiosity, was there an issue/outcry against the use of story entries?

Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    I agree with this. It may be 'you can't teach an old dog' type of thing (and probably is) but I really dislike the way the adventure modules are done using the reference manual vs. story entries and have had a hard time adjusting to it. Out of curiosity, was there an issue/outcry against the use of story entries?
    No, but since we are able to create reference manuals inside of FGU there has been a bit of a debate as to the need for story entries since developing both story and reference is time consuming. Reference manuals are easier to index and search; they can contain graphics and sidebars and overall look nicer as well as doing everything a story entry does. I’m sure that there will be further adjustments to the UI in future, such as a button in the right hand menu and the ability to resize reference pages. Adding in just those two features really would make story entries obsolete.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information