5E Character Create Playlist

copy/ paste from pdf to chat format in random

Hi Devs,

I have a problem copying text from pdf (in this case "spell jammer academy expanded" text for players) into a story and marking it as chat format for showing the players.
    Only the first sentence is put into the chat format- if I copy the next one it will automatically go to block format- I can only put each sentence seperate into chat format- thats really awful, because sometimes it
    functions (depending on text from pdf) without problems.
    I tried already to use the internally copy function from FGU but it was also no help.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Micael
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is per paragraph and would need manual edits in the XML to allow returns within the frame. You would have to CTRL-J to make them one paragraph.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Dominic,

You are incorrect in the "returns within the frame". Just use shift-return.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by micael View Post
    Hi Devs,

I have a problem copying text from pdf (in this case "spell jammer academy expanded" text for players) into a story and marking it as chat format for showing the players.
    Only the first sentence is put into the chat format- if I copy the next one it will automatically go to block format- I can only put each sentence seperate into chat format- thats really awful, because sometimes it
    I tried already to use the internally copy function from FGU but it was also no help.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Micael
    Pdfs create a linebreak at the end of every sentence. To get rid of that select the whole paragraph and press CTRL+j to make it one paragraph as Superteddy says. You can make a paragraph inside a speech bubble by using SHIFT+Return at the end of the sentence that you want to split into paragraphs. See video fourteen here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...w-Video-Series
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by micael View Post
    Hi Devs,

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Micael
    As said by Dominic, ctrl-j to join the lines. Where you want gaps between lines in the quote just use shift-return instead of return.

Jason

Thanks for pointing that out to me. I've must have been under a rock when that was introduced.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information