FG Spreadshirt Swag

Encounter to combat tracker question

Is adding an encounter to the combat tracker supposed to use the encounter identified and faction settings?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Baron Ken; December 6th, 2022 at 02:53.

Yes, it is.
    What extensions are you using?

No extensions. Only SWADE GM and Players guides loaded.
    Create an encounter. Change NPCs to unidentified. Set faction, e.g. neutral. Use Add encounter to combat tracker button. Adds to CT as above pic.

Just noticed that if I change the linked NPC card to unidentified, it adds to the CT using the NPC card identifier, ignoring what the encounter has set. No way to set a faction on the NPC card though. And I don't want to make the change to the NPC card anyway, when the Encounter looks like it should be handling it.

I'm seeing all the same behavior.
    The identified flag makes sense, but it shouldn't be an option on the encounter then. I can think of times I want the otherwise known creature to be unidentified in a specific encounter. So I feel that it should be overridden in the encounter.
    The faction used to work. I don't know when it broke.

Also note that if you change the NPC name in the encounter, the numbering (using Append in the settings) is off.
    In this example, I changed the default Zombie name to Zomboid in the encounter.

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for reporting. I'll look at that for my next ruleset pass. Probably will be next month, since I'm in middle of bigger project for rulesets that I want to get into beta testing this month.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    I'm seeing all the same behavior.
    The identified flag makes sense, but it shouldn't be an option on the encounter then. I can think of times I want the otherwise known creature to be unidentified in a specific encounter. So I feel that it should be overridden in the encounter.
    The faction used to work. I don't know when it broke.
    Yeah, changing names on the Encounter used to work to, say you wanted a Soldier named Bob, you could change the name to Bob on the encounter and Bob (a soldier NPC) would be on the CT.

Maybe a Core change that doesn't play eith SWADE making new copies of each entry on the CT

Thread Information