STAR TREK 2d20

Replacing tokens

If I create my own tokens and replace all the monster tokens from the NPC list, could this cause problems at some point? For instance, could an update replace all my tokens again? And, is it possible to assign multiple tokens to an NPC for randomization?

If you make copies of the NPCs first before giving them tokens then the copies will not be replaced when the module is updated. Anything which you edit in the original book (that is you don't make copies but edit the original) will not get written over on an update only in the campaign that you did the editing in. The original module will get updated.

You can't at this time give an NPC multiple tokens; you can. however, create encounters with the same NPC with different tokens. Just drag in the firts NPC; change the token in the encounter. Drag in another NPC and change the token etc.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If you make copies of the NPCs first before giving them tokens then the copies will not be replaced when the module is updated. Anything which you edit in the original book (that is you don't make copies but edit the original) will not get written over on an update only in the campaign that you did the editing in. The original module will get updated.

You can't at this time give an NPC multiple tokens; you can. however, create encounters with the same NPC with different tokens. Just drag in the firts NPC; change the token in the encounter. Drag in another NPC and change the token etc.
    Do I understand this correctly, as long as I edit the token in my campaign even if I don't make a copy of the NPC it will NOT be replaced in the campaign even if the original module gets an update?

Quote Originally Posted by amanwing View Post
    Do I understand this correctly, as long as I edit the token in my campaign even if I don't make a copy of the NPC it will NOT be replaced in the campaign even if the original module gets an update?
    Yes, provided you don't revert changes in the module anything that you edit from a module is saved in a special file inside the campaign folder. This is specifically so that changes don't get over-written by an update to the module.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yes, provided you don't revert changes in the module anything that you edit from a module is saved in a special file inside the campaign folder. This is specifically so that changes don't get over-written by an update to the module.
    Perfect. Thank you for your help!

Thread Information