FG Spreadshirt Swag

Looking to form a group of people with LOTS of spare time, for regular games

Who I am: I'm an almost middle aged gamer with over 30 years experience in playing and GM'ing. Born and raised in England, but a lifelong Americanophile, and American citizen.

What I'm looking for: Mature and laidback players with lots of spare time

The pitch: I'm a full-time carer for a disabled wife. While this means I'm technically always on-call, it means I have a lot of downtime where I'm often alone (my wife sleeps a lot because of medication), and I'd like to fill as much of this time as possible with gaming. While my timezone is UTC (+00:00), I'm a night owl. I regularly have large chunks of free time between roughly about 9pm-5am UTC (+00:00), on most days.

What I'm looking for: Retirees, the disabled, trust fund millionaires, and other assorted rejects like myself that are flexible, and have a lot of time on their hands (and are likely to continue to have so), and want friendship and lots of gaming. My target group is probably Gen X'ers and old Millenials, but maturity, sense of humor, and lots of free time are the main prequisites.

I don't mind GM'ing, but I need to play too, so everyone taking turns to GM games would be preferable.

Read this so no-one has their time wasted/ice melted: I grew up during the 80's and 90's. I am irreverent by nature, use no personal pronouns, enjoy blue jokes and double entendres, and I consider every group known to humanity as equally open to poking fun at. If you like words like problematic, or cultural appropriation, this is not the group for you. Like Fonzie, you must be cool.

Oh, and if your idea of RPGing is just playing D&D, you're better off with another group. I don't mind the occasional 3.5 or earlier game, but it is far from my favourite game.

Games I have run over the years:
    Call Of Cthulhu *
    Cartoon Action Hour *
    Star Wars (West End Games D6)
    Dark Champions *
    Dark Heresy *
    Deadlands: Weird/Wasted West
    In Nomine
    Marvel (Universe Roleplaying System and FASERIP) *
    Savage Worlds (homebrew Victorian adventure setting) *
    Space 1889
    WFRP (1st and 2nd) *
    World Of Darkness (mixed systems)
    Vampire: Dark Ages

* My most likely to run

Games I am particularly interested in playing
    2300AD
    7th Sea
    Alien the roleplaying game*
    All flesh must be eaten
    Ars Magica *
    Blades in the dark
    Brave New World
    Call Of Cthulhu *
    Cartoon Action Hour *
    Champions
    Conan: Adventures in an age undreamed of
    Conspiracy X
    Cyberpunk 2020
    Dark Champions
    Dark Conspiracy
    The Dark Eye
    Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader *
    DC Heroes / DC Universe
    Deadlands: Weird/Wasted West *
    Doctor Who (any, as long as the setting is classic Who, not NuWho)
    The Dresden Files
    Dune
    The Esoterrorists
    Fading Suns
    Feng Shui
    Firefly
    Gear Krieg
    Ghostbusters
    Godlike
    Gumshoe
    GURPS
    Hollow Earth Expedition
    Hong Kong Action Theater *
    It came from the late, late, late show
    James Bond 007
    Judge Dredd (any except D20)
    Marvel (most of them)
    MERP
    Millenium’s End
    Mutant City Blues
    Mutants & Masterminds *
    The One Ring
    Savage Worlds
    Shadowrun (2nd or 3rd preferred) *
    SLA Industries
    Space 1889
    Spirit Of The Century *
    Star Trek (various)
    Trail Of Cthulhu
    Traveller
    WFRP (1st or 2nd) *

* Extremely interested

I hope to hear from a few of you, and thank you for your time in reading my post. Have a good one!
    Last edited by Grognard GM; December 3rd, 2022 at 16:46.

What time zone?

Hi, I am interested in doing Call of Cthulhu. Give me a chat at my email. [email protected] and we can talk it over. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    What time zone?
    UTC (+00:00). I have edited my original post, replacing the more casual GMT, to make this clear
    Last edited by Grognard GM; December 3rd, 2022 at 16:47. Reason: Forgot to add quote

Hi, I can play on Saturdays (from early evenings up to midnight) but last of the month.

I'd love to play again Deadlands, Vampire: Dark Ages and Dark Ages Vampire, but also Conan 2d20, Star Wars (West End d6), Hollow Earth Expedition, Legend of the Five Rings or AD&D 2nd edition, just to name a few.

Many thanks
    La sombra ya cabalga,
    coraje en mi,
    letras como el jade.

Hi im definitely interested im kinda new though but my discord is Cajo#0503 if you accept me.

Thread Information