DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Question About Spells and ShadeRaven's DnD

So when I drag a spell from the SR Spells plugin onto a character or NPC's spells tab it has a little circle to the left I can click to give it a checkmark and automatically enter in the chat Character: Spell Name. Also it changes the Prepared x/x next to the appropriate spell level in the UI. But when I use a spell from one of the official sources it lacks the little circle and does not update the Prepared x/x (and they are indented further right). I have scoured the spell entries from both sources and cannot seem to find where this option is toggled. Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can better utilize spells that aren't yet in the plugin? Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

Prepare spells by entering the "Preparation" mode and ensure that the correct number of spells per level are entered in the spell class details (click the magnifying glass in the right side of the spell class header).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you for your replay, but I am not quite sure I understand how to enter Preparation mode. When I click the magnifying glass I do enter the number of slots per level, but that is not where the problem lies.

Example:
    I am currently preparing a 5th level wizard for the PCs to face in our game tonight. The expanded Spell Class Header reads Wizard Spells, CL 5, DC 22, spell attack +11, Tradition Arcane, and Level C 6, 1 4, 2 4, 3 3
    Below that it has the individual spell levels and spells I dragged over from the Spells box to the appropriate level. For his Level 1 spells, for instance, wherein every spell I dragged over was from the (SR) Spells plugin, it says Cast 0/4, Prepared 4/4. Meanwhile the Level 3 spells looks much different: one I had to input manually, one was from the Secrets of Magic module that I just picked up during the Cyber Monday sale, and one was from (SR) Spells. The third has the little circle I mentioned before and is further left than the other two. The Level 3 heading says Cast 0/1, Prepared 1/3. So... it is only recognizing spells specifically from ShadeRaven's plugin for purposes of being prepared even though I am doing the exact same thing for all of them. Am I missing a step that is automated in the plugin?

At the bottom of the actions tab that has your spells. There are two rectangle bars. Clicking on the one on the left lets you cycle thru Standard, Combat, and Preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by AsmodeusUltima View Post
    Am I missing a step that is automated in the plugin?
    As mentioned by @Milke "Preparation" mode is entered by cycling the "Mode" button at the bottom of the Actions tab. The spells in SR's plugins have been exported with preparation selected - there's an argument for either, as a prepared spell caster specifically needs to decide which spells they have prepared for the day and so adding a spell to a spell class doesn't necessarily mean it should be auto prepared - hence the standard default of being not prepared.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah, that was what I was missing! Thank you both so much!

Thread Information