5E Character Create Playlist

Inconsistent Font Draw errors

In two sessions (3.5e & 5e) with different GMs and different extensions we've got the last two weeks errors like this. It's only occuring on the player side, not on the GM side and only occurs to some players, not all.
    It seems to only occur when adding NPCs to an already running combat encounter (reinforcments for example).
    As it's pretty inconsistent I haven't been able to reproduce consistently in a fresh campaign without extensions, but still wanted to post in case someone has the same error, etc.

It's either the font mini_name or sheetlabelline from my observation.

Code:
    [12/1/2022 10:59:06 PM] [WARNING]  Error while measuring font [mini_name]
    [12/1/2022 10:59:06 PM] [ERROR]  FONT DRAW:: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at MBNAALMJBEA.JBLPDPPBNBJ (System.String IHMGFGJHBEF) [0x00000] in <b40ddd9a9e844e09b8e9ee43a21cdfe1>:0 
      at IPKONCFNLJP.LFMMIMAEPFL (System.String PBHPENKOPBO, System.String KDNFEJPDJJL, LAMEDOKLCGE BPDANMNHEID, System.Nullable`1[T] EEFIHIPKKGK, System.Boolean DGFCAAFNMKN) [0x00082] in <b40ddd9a9e844e09b8e9ee43a21cdfe1>:0 
      at MBNAALMJBEA.GIIEHDNAKOJ (System.String PBHPENKOPBO, System.String JJCPLLHDNPC, System.Int32 CBNNBMFDKIE, System.Int32 MFKGFMOGKPK, System.Boolean AFDBDEGJDPC) [0x00037] in <b40ddd9a9e844e09b8e9ee43a21cdfe1>:0

My players see this as well. Unusually foe me I am using a few extensions for this campaign and also a different theme than I normally use. But I haven’t really got around to trying to narrow it down.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It might have to do with a specific font replacement used in an extension which is causing issues.

Do you have steps to reproduce?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It might have to do with a specific font replacement used in an extension which is causing issues.

Do you have steps to reproduce?

Thanks,
    JPG
    The only extension overriding this specific font "mini_name" in the error above is Sir Motte's Hearth Theme.

Code:
    	<font name="mini_name">
    		<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/regular-10.fgf" />
    		<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Roboto-Regular.ttf" name="Roboto" size="16" />
    		<color value="#DDDDDD" /> <!-- Replaceable Color: Secondary Foreground -->
    	</font>
    My GM did not update his extensions prior to the session today, so this might have already been fixed. I'll see next Monday/Thursday if it happens again.

Steps to reproduce (inconsistent, only happended once in testing, then never again)
    - Connect with a GM and player
    - Have 1 PC and 1 NPC on Map (do some combat or move them around)
    - Copy the NPC or drag a new one onto the CT
    > The error pops up on the player's screen (never the GM)

Hmm, looking at the code; I'm not sure that it's related to the font. I think I can put some guards in the next release to avoid the situation though.

Regards,
    JPG

I’m using the FG gothic theme. So I’m reasonably confident it’s not the theme.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I got this error message today when I changed "Token: Show Name" setting from "Tooltip" to "Title" in the options menu.
    "[WARNING] Error while measuring font [mini_name] [ERROR] FONT DRAW:: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I was using the Wizard's Desk Theme

FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Thread Information