DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

Outgoing Concealment

Is there a way to put a concealment effect on an attacker rather than a defender? (Or any other outgoing activity for that matter) Something that's not based on what is going on with the defender but what is going on with the attacker... Blindness works for total concealment.. but that also has other aspects to it... I'm looking for something that works like that. Shaken does as well... obviously in a different way. I was kinda looking for a generic way to do something like this.. but.. it doesn't seem like there is one.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Not that I'm aware of. It's not a very typical scenario. Either a target creature has concealment from an attacking creature or not usually.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    It came up when I was trying to build an effect for Smoked Goggles.. but it would also be useful for 'Averting your Eyes' and other 'Gaze' activities or when in Fog...

The generic situation is applying an effect on an outgoing attack rather than an incoming one.. which I realize is a different part of the code... and probably undermines some bits of it.. I was looking for a GRANTCA type thing.. but.. obviously.. not a thing.

So, you want concealment on a specific target, but only to certain attackers? For example, avert gaze that gives a 20% miss chance for attacks against the creature with the gaze attack? If so, at the CONC effect to the creature and then target that effect to anyone who is averting their gaze. In the following example the CONC effect on the Basilisk has been targeted to the PC called "Tester":

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    So, you want concealment on a specific target, but only to certain attackers? For example, avert gaze that gives a 20% miss chance for attacks against the creature with the gaze attack? If so, at the CONC effect to the creature and then target that effect to anyone who is averting their gaze. In the following example the CONC effect on the Basilisk has been targeted to the PC called "Tester":

Trying to apply Concealment to ALL targets.

Probably should clarify... trying to get concealment to apply to attacks from one character against all targets.

What you are talking about is just the basic CONC effect... defender has concealment... when wearing smoked goggles.. or averting your gaze.. you apply concealment to any target you swing at.. it would be nice if you could 'put on your goggles' (add the effect.. concealment to all outgoing attacks ... +8 to saves ... -4 perception) and it would remain until you took them off.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; November 28th, 2022 at 23:39.

One way is to put a one-off CONC effect on the target before rolling the attack, or do a bunch of targeted CONC effects like I showed in my post above - one each time they attack a new target. Or, maybe it’s too complex to handle like that - just get the player to roll percentile dice if the attack hits and 01-20 on the percentile dice is a miss.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Kelrugem full overlay extension should have an effect like that somewhere inside, like TVCONC or something

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1/view

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Kelrugem full overlay extension should have an effect like that somewhere inside, like TVCONC or something

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1/view
    Actually.. that still goes the wrong way.
    The Blink spell also could make use of this effect... as it puts TCONC on you.. but also CONC on every target you might swing at while blinking.
    And sure.. you can click the button in the Modifiers Window.. or put a one roll CONC effect on the target every time you attack.. but those are both a pain.
    My initial question was just 'does this exist' and it seems the answer is no... which is fair... it is 'somewhat' of a corner case thing.. although.. as I keep looking I'm finding that to be less true than I thought.
    A simple effect for blink might be -- Blink;TCONC;ACONC -- if ACONC was attack vs Concealment... or something like that, but initially I was thinking there was some tricky bit of code that allowed you to switch the attacker and defender in any given effect.. so there might be something like -- REV:CONC -- or something.. where it just knew to swap the attacker and defender somehow.
    Anyway.. was just lookin' for a simpler way to work the thing.. it doesn't exist.. appreciate the help.

TVCONC: 20; the attacker has 20% to miss attacks due concealment..

for Blink I use an AURA effect (from another extension) like "AURA: 30 all; Blink; IFT: CUSTOM (blink); TVCONC: 20" (the 30 ft aura is just to cope with ranged attacks which seldom come from further away)

Thread Information