DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Syrinscape

Syrinscape

Has fantasygrounds enabled their official Syrinscape module yet? They talked about having one out soon during the podcast where they announced the new dice.

Quote Originally Posted by JadedGamer View Post
    Has fantasygrounds enabled their official Syrinscape module yet? They talked about having one out soon during the podcast where they announced the new dice.
    Not yet. Probably this will follow as feature.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thanks. I have been holding off buying the 3rd party stuff hoping official support would drop soon.

Thanks. I have been holding off buying the 3rd party stuff hoping official support would drop soon.
    I don't think the feature will include Syrinscape content... It will be modules with links to the syrinscape content that you invoke via FG. You still have to own the content or have subscription and run any of the players.

That is what I recollect from the video.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Your correct. There are things in the forge now that allow Syrinscape triggers. I was going to pick them up when I saw the video about official support. Looks like it’s not ready yet. My players got excited when we started talking about sounds triggering when they cast spells like fire ball.

Doug said in the friday video (on twitch and youtube) that they are working through the legal licence stuff at the moment with Syrinscape, WotC and other publishers. He also said they may let it land without any data so the users have to add it themselves until the legal stuff gets sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Doug said in the friday video (on twitch and youtube) that they are working through the legal licence stuff at the moment with Syrinscape, WotC and other publishers. He also said they may let it land without any data so the users have to add it themselves until the legal stuff gets sorted.
    Thanks for that information. I haven’t watched that video yet.
    Last edited by JadedGamer; November 29th, 2022 at 03:45.

Your correct. There are things in the forge now that allow Syrinscape triggers. I was going to pick them up when I saw the video about official support. Looks like it’s not ready yet. My players got excited when we started talking about sounds triggering when they cast spells like fire ball.
    You know, this can already be done. I use it in my games. Rob2e and (I’ll butcher his name which awkward because his active on these forums) mattekure (sp) have an excellent package syrinscape sound links and chat triggers.

Look in the forge.

Once their mods /extensions are setup you have to have a syrinscape subscription and their online player .

I use audio pipe to pump the sound through discord so my players do not need to download or setup anything it just plays through discord.

With chat triggers any spell cast plays the sound automatically. Just like any weapon attack plays automatically. So you’ll hear arrows or swords clanking fireball explosions, whatever the attack is.

Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytherus View Post
    You know, this can already be done. I use it in my games. Rob2e and (I’ll butcher his name which awkward because his active on these forums) mattekure (sp) have an excellent package syrinscape sound links and chat triggers.

Look in the forge.

Once their mods /extensions are setup you have to have a syrinscape subscription and their online player .

I use audio pipe to pump the sound through discord so my players do not need to download or setup anything it just plays through discord.

With chat triggers any spell cast plays the sound automatically. Just like any weapon attack plays automatically. So you’ll hear arrows or swords clanking fireball explosions, whatever the attack is.

Works great.
    Yes, we know it can already be done with third-party extensions. However, FG and the the creator of the extension you are using are working together to integrate the two products. It’s my understanding this will simplify and increase the responsiveness of sound triggers. The new sound integration is ready but the have been delays on the part of content creators on how to license the new feature. Doug said recently on FGF that he was considering releasing the new feature without data and allowing the user to supply the sounds. This would bypass the licensing issues until they get resolved.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Just curious if there's been any movement on the licensing and such for this. Last reply here was 3 months ago.

Much appreciated.

Thread Information