FG Spreadshirt Swag

5E Spell damage has no R/M type. Attacks do not differentiate spell/weapon

I couldn't do range filtering on spell damage and I had no way to give a spell attack a bonus and not a weapon attack. I went ahead and worked out a solution. To me this seems like a bug as it appears there is old code that sort of half implements this and then there is newer code that doesn't take it to the finish. The code is too deep to release as an extension without some conflict pain. I'm sure you'll come up with a slightly different approach which is fine but here is a roadmap attached (.diff renamed to .txt)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rhagelstrom; November 28th, 2022 at 05:28.

Would be nice to see this put in, I just saw Superteddy talking about this today that he might work on putting this in.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Also requesting to keep unarmed attacks and abilities that are neither weapons nor spells in mind.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Quote Originally Posted by MeAndUnique View Post
    Also requesting to keep unarmed attacks and abilities that are neither weapons nor spells in mind.
    I thought about unarmed and official was melee weapon attack so be ruled as such. House rules though.

Blog Entries
    MOD: the Lab is for issues with the latest test build. I've moved this to the 5E sub since e it is ruleset specific. It's also really a feature request so should be put on the wish list, it will get lost on the forums. But you can add links to the wish list from here, and then back from that to the discussion here.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    I thought about unarmed and official was melee weapon attack so be ruled as such. House rules though.
    An unarmed attack is a melee weapon attack... but not a melee weapon attack with a weapon.

So, RAW, anything that cares just about it being a melee weapon attack (versus a melee spell attack, or ranged weapon/spell attack, or anything that's not actually an attack at all) should work with an unarmed strike.

Paladin smites, on the other hand, do not work on unarmed attacks because the description specifically refers to "the weapon" damage, and there is no weapon being used. I think it was Crawford that commented that this was mostly flavor-ish and that it wouldn't be broken by any means to house-rule that paladins could in fact smite with unarmed attacks.

I would also like to see more differentiation between attack types, like spell, melee, ranged, weapon. Is it possible for attack types or damage types to trigger effects? For example "when you are hit with melee/spell attack...", "When you take XX type of damage..."

Also, is there an item for this in the wishlist already? I looked and didn't find one.
    Last edited by charmov; December 6th, 2022 at 02:38. Reason: Typos

Thanks for the insight. It's been something that is now in my thoughts and will brainstorm some ideas for it's solution.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thank you. Keep in mind D&D One breaks unarmed strike into its own attack type.

Additional request if this is a thing, pass down on the roll if the attack is finesse or not

Thread Information