Starfinder Playlist

Map showing blue

I ran into this problem this morning while I was running a game and best as I can figure it is some setting went awry because none of the other maps for the campaign are effected. This took place in mid-game, all I can see is this sky blue background. But when I select a NPC I get I can see a washed out version of the map.
    2022-11-27.png
    2022-11-27 (1).png.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Map stats
    9600x9600
    12MB
    .jpg

Blog Entries
    Welcome
    Can you reproduce it? Does it act normal if you close the map window and re-open? What ruleset? Any extensions? Does it reproduce after a restart? Can you figure out how to reproduce it? IS it only this map or has it happened to others?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You have two extra layers which are unnamed and a painting layer - so what's on the paint layer? It's possible that the map is too big (9500x9500 is many times bigger than recommended). It may not have finished uploading; or you may be running out of memory if you have a lot of open modules. Just guesses at the moment.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

LordEntrails,

I have opened and closed the map and restarted the game a couple of times with the same result on the map. I am Running Pathfinder 1/3.5 rule set and this is the only map that it being effected.

Extensions are; COP- Auras, Feature: advanced bestiary template, Feature: Attack modifiers, Feature: Aura Effects, Feature: Customized Item generator, Fonts- Extended Languages, Fonts- Sign language, Theme: FG Wood

Zacchaeus,

The unnamed layers are for terrain that I have built into the map for the propose of LOS and the painting layer is just room numbers for me for the encounters. What would be the max map size then as Under FGUnity I was understanding that there was no max size unlike classic which have the 2048x2048. I do have a good amount of modules running but this map went blue in mid game. I have run this map a week ago with no issues. With all the same settings, modules and extensions.
    Last edited by LordGith; November 28th, 2022 at 00:08. Reason: added to post

Recommended size is 4kx4k. Check how much memory FGU is using with all that you have open. Check also whether you can reproduce without extensions. Updates can cause extensions to break or to conflict.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Zacchaeus,

Thank you for the size info, but do you have a link to the page where I can read up on it myself. and running FGU solo with no players attached is taken around 4gigs of memory, not a big drain on my system as I am currently running 32 gigs. I will check on the memory usage when I am running a group though next week.

Blog Entries
    4GB shouldn't be a problem with FGU (it was with FGC). Here are the guidelines. Developer Guidelines - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net)

Note they are guidelines for official content developers. Not something you have to stick to, but something to be aware of.

It's also possible its some conflict between your graphics driver and FGU. Do other maps of this size have the same problems? If you resave the image in a graphic program (maybe with slightly different compression settings etc) and bring it in with a different name does it still happen?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I would recommend that if you’re seeing graphical issues, and the map you’re using is above the recommended size, that you reduce the size of the map to within the recommended size. It’s good as a general rule to do that anyway.

Does the issue appear if you change the image to be a floating window and not set to desktop mode?

Also, as mentioned by Zacchaeus - try without any extensions loaded.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It did not effect any other map, I have tried closing and reopening the map and restarted the game many different time. However just to make life more fun, I went and rebuilt the map under a new name (and a smaller size) and after I had pulled all of the icons for mobs and PCs off of the first map it returned to normal. Having seen this effect and using some of the information you all have given me, at this time I expect that one of the extensions broke. Taking a SWAG (scientific wild *** guess) I am currently going to place blame on COP- Auras, all though I have yet to get it to replicate on a map at this time.

Thread Information