Starfinder Playlist

Cold Iron Dice rolls

I am using 4.3.1 and decided to play with the dice damage types a little. I se that it no longer uses the Basic Elemental Dice, which I really like. Not sure if that's because I've purcahsed the dice packs or because it's a new default. Thanks for that.

I did note one issue - the dice entry for "Material: Cold Iron" only works with the damage type "cold-forged iron", which is not super obvious, and took me some time on the forums to find. Not serious, but I think it would be easier to find if the text on the dice damage type is changed to the same.

Another nice-to-have would be to have a way to export the custom dice setup, so I can use it easily in another campaign run by a different GM. It can take quite a while to get the colour combinations exactly right.

[EDIT] After some more testing, it is correct for all campaigns I host, at least. Will test when I play in another game, it might actually be global, which will be nice
    Last edited by ValerionWolf; November 26th, 2022 at 13:30.

I doubt that the dice set up can be exported because the dice are part of the Unity client rather than like an extension or module. There's no file that is saved that contains your choices; it's all done at the point when you actually roll the dice.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Wouldn't it be stored in the player cache somewhere so the next time you log in to the campaign FG knows? Though maybe it stored on the GM side? I know player hotkeys are stored local to the client, maybe dice are as well?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Wouldn't it be stored in the player cache somewhere so the next time you log in to the campaign FG knows? Though maybe it stored on the GM side? I know player hotkeys are stored local to the client, maybe dice are as well?
    No, the dice are built into the application entirely - there's no cache or any other file either on the client or DM side which contains the dice choices. The types of dice a user has is determined when the user launches FGU and that information is remembered while FGU is open.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information