FG Spreadshirt Swag

What I think an ideal CT for RM would look like

BTW, this is using the optional 25%,50%,75%,100% breakdown, but the same idea would apply to the normal 50%,100% break down. Ideally each actor should get a text box where the GM can fill in what they are doing for each segment before the turn starts. When the turn starts, the button at the bottom automatically sets to 25% (In my example, the "50%" button is pressed). Whatever segment the turn is one, each player will have their action highlighted (and ideally the actions that have already happened should be greyed out or something). The GM then presses the button for the next segment, the first actor is highlighted and appropriate action has an arrow beside it (or highlighted in some way). After the 100% segment is done, then the GM takes actions for the next turn. Ideally there would also be a "clear actions" button or similar.

Is this possible? It would make doing combats SO much better and it would be much easier to track exactly where people are in the turn.

combattracker.png

Setting up something like that is possible. The issue is the way effects work is based on initiative so going through them multiple times is potentially an issue and part of the reason that the phases combat didn't make it into the CoreRPG conversion. I would need to redo how that all works and couldn't find an elegant way that didn't cause more confusion. The other issue is there are a few different types of phased combat in RM and I would like it flexible enough to be able to handle those also but getting over the first issue is the biggest issue.

But could you not cycle through the actors without triggering the "new round"?

Actually, even to have the text boxes and a "clear" button would be great. You could add a new button along each actor called "actions".

The issue is the cycling through the actors is controlled by the initiative value. When you press for the next actor, it gets the actor with the next lowest initiative. That would cause the effects to trigger when they get to that initiative so if you have 4 phases things like stun and bleeding would be trigger once each phase instead of each round so it isn't as easy as you make it out to be.

I may be talking nonsense, but if there were the aforementioned buttons and a calculation linked to the Act% where the character could only act if he had 100% and if he didn't he would skip his turn automatically...but that would be very complicated and complex...I believe I... as an example I would think of a magic action where let's say 300% was consumed then, 3 rounds would pass and only in the fourth round could the dice be cast to determine success or failure....

I was thinking about just mutiplying everything by 4 and have every 4 "rounds" be really 1 round, so similar to what you are saying, a 50% action is now a 200% action taking two "rounds" (really segments) to perform. Unfortunately though, all the durations would have to be quadrupled and it gets really messy.

Thread Information