DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Trying to blend genres. Is there any possible way?

This is my first post so it'll probably be ignored but I am definitely looking for any guidance I can find.

So I want to do a 5e sci-fi, high fantasy campaign where space faring folk stumble across a planet that has not developed into a Civ 1 planet but have made first contact and now sci-fi and fantasy can blend. I know that there's a lot of sci-fi themed games like starfinder and traveller but I want to also incorporate the classes of high fantasy too.

Is there any way to integrate sci-fi and high fantasy systems into one system like 5e? I doubt there is an extension that works for FGU but since I already have SF, 5e, and PF and PF2E, is it even possible to import and marry some of these aspects without spending hundreds of hours on copying and pasting information over to another system?

Any and all help is appreciated in advance.

Happy gaming!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenraix View Post
    This is my first post so it'll probably be ignored but I am definitely looking for any guidance I can find.

So I want to do a 5e sci-fi, high fantasy campaign where space faring folk stumble across a planet that has not developed into a Civ 1 planet but have made first contact and now sci-fi and fantasy can blend. I know that there's a lot of sci-fi themed games like starfinder and traveller but I want to also incorporate the classes of high fantasy too.

Is there any way to integrate sci-fi and high fantasy systems into one system like 5e? I doubt there is an extension that works for FGU but since I already have SF, 5e, and PF and PF2E, is it even possible to import and marry some of these aspects without spending hundreds of hours on copying and pasting information over to another system?

Happy gaming!
    Welcome to the forum.

There is an extension on the forge - https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/266/view

Will let you load a lot of stuff cross system - but some things will not work, like NPCs etc.

Welcome to the forums.

For 5e there is Spelljammer.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    So yes... But that comes with a lot of conditions because you really don't describe the details that would make or break how easy this would be to do.

For instance, if you want to use the 5E mechanics completely as-is, then all you would need is the above extension to load info from other ruleset sources. BU"T, if you want to change the mechanics of a ruleset, say by adding a Sanity Score to PCs and automate "Albedo Screen HPs" or change saving throw mechanics from ability saves to a new field (say "Willpower" "Health" and "Ego" then you are going to need a custom extension.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I appreciate it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenraix View Post

Happy gaming!
    I know you're asking about 5e but if you want to blend genres and want to stick to one system of mechanics, Savage Worlds is much better suited to do that. But Spelljammer combines Sci-Fi and High Fantasy as well.
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    I know you're asking about 5e but if you want to blend genres and want to stick to one system of mechanics, Savage Worlds is much better suited to do that. But Spelljammer combines Sci-Fi and High Fantasy as well.
    I actually just picked up SWADE and it seems like a great way to go but convincing my players to try a new system may be tough. I'm currently working on a way to pitch this idea to them.

Thanks for that vote of confidence in SWADE, though!

Thread Information