FG Spreadshirt Swag

Running a "client" to test module work or see what players see

If I install FGU Universal license - what is the easiest was on one host to run a second instance of FGU to view what my players would see or test modules with?

Do I need to install a second copy somehow since both running instances would be using the same data dir? Or do they use completely different directories so they can safely share a prog AND data dir?
    (In the past I always just logged on from my laptop - this time working on a single machine.)

You can run the same installation of FGU twice at the same time and have one instance running as the GM and one as the client:

Set up your GM instance to connect via LAN and start the table.
    Open a second instance of FGU and Join the first, using 127.0.0.1 as the IP address in the Join LAN Game section at the bottom.

Alternatively start your GM instance as Cloud and then right click on the FGU icon in the task bar and select Fantasy Grounds to start the second instance. Click on Join and then type in your username in the join by DM section.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Alternatively start your GM instance as Cloud and then right click on the FGU icon in the task bar and select Fantasy Grounds to start the second instance. Click on Join and then type in your username in the join by DM section.
    Good Day Zacchaeus
    I never knew the right click trick!! I was always going back to Desktop. Thanks for the tip!

Agree, that right click thing is AWESOME!!! Thank you for that.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike
    Official Grey Beard
    1. I actually have a grey beard
    2. I have been playing RPGs since 1978.

Note: This is a built in function of Windows you can do this for any program you have running, AFAIK.

Thread Information