5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Where is your FantasyGrounds.exe file located? Check in File explorer to see exactly where it's located. Is it C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds Unity or somewhere else?

Check the properties of the Window shortcut you use to start Fantasy Grounds - what is the "Target" and what is the "Start in:" value?
    It's located here - looks normal?

Untitled3.jpg

Not sure how to check that shortcut - right-click doesn't give me the option to access properties just says unity playback engine, close window and unpin from taskbar
    KrisfromGTW / aka 'Maphatter'. gametilewarehouse2020.com

Quote Originally Posted by gtw2017 View Post
    It's located here - looks normal?
    Yes, that's normal (ish) - not exactly the default locations, but should be OK. Unfortunately, FG is still looking in the misspelled directory.

Run the FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe application from this directory. Click the "Settings" button and go to the "Advanced" tab - what location is shown for the "App Directory"? Is it still the misspelled one?
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 22nd, 2022 at 21:59.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That looks normal. You should have a Properties option in the right click menu when right clicking on the icon; otherwise, the shortcut is messed up. Just delete the shortcut, and drag a new one from the folder you showed using FantasyGrounds.exe and the Control plus Shift keys.

Regards,
    JPG

Not sure how to check that shortcut - right-click doesn't give me the option to access properties just says unity playback engine, close window and unpin from taskbar
    Shortcuts pinned to the taskbar don't have properties. Unpin the shortcut and check the base shortcut (usually on your desktop) to see the properties.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Still the mispelled one yeah

Shortcuts pinned to the taskbar don't have properties. Unpin the shortcut and check the base shortcut (usually on your desktop) to see the properties.
    NOTE: If you Hold Shift+Right Click, you can get the standard context menu from a Pinned Taskbar icon.

nah, doesn't help - doesn't show directory its pointing to

thanks fella sill just delete and reinstall the damn thing

nah, doesn't help - doesn't show directory its pointing to
    SHIFT + Right-Click on the pinned app shortcut when FG isn't running (you won't see the options if FG is running), then select Properties.

What are the "Target" and "Start in:" values?

SHIFT + Right-Click on the pinned app shortcut when FG isn't running (you won't see the options if FG is running), then select Properties.

What are the "Target" and "Start in:" values?
    Thank you all very much for trying to help - I just uninstalled it and reinstalled it and now it seems to be updating.

Thread Information