Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Error in FGU Updater

Hi, there's a spelling error in the updating compiler for FGU. See how it says Uinity instead of Unity. I think it is preventing my update from working. My folder is named Unity, so I don't think it is an issue on my end? Anyway, could you please check it for me?

Untitled.jpg
    KrisfromGTW / aka 'Maphatter'. gametilewarehouse2020.com

Moved to the house of healing, which is the best place to post stuff like this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That information is pulled from the settings defined in the FG Settings for Application directory. I just checked, and they are correct in the installer. My guess is that you accidentally entered an extra character in the field at some point when viewing the Settings.

To fix, go into the correct folder, run FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe, click on Settings, and remove the extra character.

Regards,
    JPG

I had same error before updating on my Friday game. I shut down FG,restarted, and reran the update and had no issues afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    That information is pulled from the settings defined in the FG Settings for Application directory. I just checked, and they are correct in the installer. My guess is that you accidentally entered an extra character in the field at some point when viewing the Settings.

To fix, go into the correct folder, run FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe, click on Settings, and remove the extra character.

Regards,
    JPG
    Can someone please translate that for me?

Appreciate the reply, I fumbled around and found this but I can't seem to locate that folder and don't appear to have access to change it. I'm not an IT type of guy im afraid. I'll keep trying but I don't really know what I'm doing here.

unity.jpg
    Last edited by gtw2017; November 21st, 2022 at 15:24.

I don't know how to delete my posts - but I figured it out - thank you.

Well actually no. I changed the Uinity folder but it's still refusing to update. Do I need to uninstall it?

Quote Originally Posted by gtw2017 View Post
    Well actually no. I changed the Uinity folder but it's still refusing to update.
    Exactly what is happening now? What error are you getting (if any)?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi Trenloe - I get this one...Untitled2.jpg

Where is your FantasyGrounds.exe file located? Check in File explorer to see exactly where it's located. Is it C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds Unity or somewhere else?

Check the properties of the Window shortcut you use to start Fantasy Grounds - what is the "Target" and what is the "Start in:" value?

Thread Information