5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I can confirm I did have a player running two characters. Am unable to reproduce at this time due to availability and timing.

This is happening in a 5E game with no extensions. Whenever a character loads in and the characters already in lose their pointer / dice colors. If you click the portait in the top left if sets the colors back to the original. It also does this if one player is controlling more than one character and switches active characters.

Thanks everyone for submitting your observations. It turns out that the issue only occurred when more than one player connected, and affected anyone else already connected. I'll be working on a fix for tomorrow's weekly update.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; November 21st, 2022 at 17:06.

Checking in on a similar problem.
    (2E ruleset, many extensions, fully updated)

I had a player mention that they could not assign custom dice to only one of the characters they control. When they made a change (to piercing damage for example) the dice choice replicated across both of her characters.

Is this expected? Or a bug to track down more information on?

Thanks

BOB
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Default dice on the desktop can be assigned per character; but custom dice roll overrides are assigned for all characters in a given system (ruleset).

From your description, I'm not sure if you were talking about the default dice or the custom dice roll overrides.

Regards,
    JPG

They were using the new dice pack I gifted them. They set up some custom dice colors per damage type. They made the changes to one Character, then when they went to their second character those changes had been applied to that character also.

On the GM side I had not changed any of the defaults to damage types.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

The dice roll customization settings are per user, per ruleset.

Regards,
    JPG

I've just experienced it during FGCon.

During Savage Worlds - Crazy Ivan - One participant was controlling two characters as we were low on numbers due to no-shows. Each time the active character switched, my dice colour reset to black

During Both Star Trek Sessions - as each player selected the character from those available, my dice colour would reset, but then remained fine during play as no further character changes occurred.

During Savage Worlds Super Powers - dice colour reset when initial character selection was happening, then fine during play.

Hope this helps isolate the glitch

I submitted the fix for this to CoreRPG on Nov. 16. I wonder if the GMs have not updated since then, or are running unpacked versions of CoreRPG.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I submitted the fix for this to CoreRPG on Nov. 16. I wonder if the GMs have not updated since then, or are running unpacked versions of CoreRPG.

Regards,
    JPG
    I guess that it's possible, but given the last 4 instances that I mentioned were at the official FG Conn which featured multiple instructions all through the sign-up process and registration and joining Discord channels and such to make sure that we were all updated, then it seem somewhat unlikely.

One GM, Lonewolf, Mentioned he was part of the team for SWADE bug checking, so it would seem unlikely.

I'm happy to help participate in any tests to help track this down.

Its slightly annoying, but doesn't stop play

Thread Information