STAR TREK 2d20

Unity License with D&D Classic

I am looking to start a 2E campaign for my usual 5E group. I have a FGU ultimate license. I just wanted to verify that the D&D Classics 2E works with Unity. I know its probably a silly question but trying to google does fantasy grounds D&D 2e work with unity here or in google the search engine just came back with results on FGC vs FGU not really answering my question. Wanted to be 100% before I drop the money on the PHB and MM. Also what does the DMG bring to the table? Is it necessary to play 2E? If not I can save the money and buy another book or some modules instead.

Thanks!

It works like a charm.
    To date, the 2E system is the most complete and the one with the best integration and automation

I guess I know someone spending $$ tonight! GG, Thanks for the swift response! I am looking forward to it. After 2 years of 5E I got back into 2E and its like magic all over again. 2E has all the things I always loved about D&D and playing it again has been awesome!

Oh and does the DMG bring enough to the table to purchase or does the PHB do enough? I have the original hardcover PHB, MM, and DMG for reference.
    Last edited by 1armydad; November 17th, 2022 at 13:04.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1armydad View Post
    I guess I know someone spending $$ tonight! GG, Thanks for the swift response! I am looking forward to it. After 2 years of 5E I got back into 2E and its like magic all over again. 2E has all the things I always loved about D&D and playing it again has been awesome!

Oh and does the DMG bring enough to the table to purchase or does the PHB do enough? I have the original hardcover PHB, MM, and DMG for reference.
    If you like the idea of one click and having your treasure type table automatically generate a complete parcel, down to the individual differently typed and valued gems and magic items, then "yes" IMO. But of the three core books, if you were ever going to buy two, the PHB and MM would be the ones to get first.

Keep in mind we're close to Black Friday, and there might be some extra sales on DLC in about a week from now, or perhaps sooner.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thanks JD! I couldn't wait ended up getting all three core books and a module that was on sale so I had something to look through. I will wait till black Friday before purchasing anything else I need. I appreciate the heads up about the sale. Hopefully, there will be some of the modules I am looking at on sale. I did grab the DMG for the loot tables and to have a digital version of the DMG. Now if I can just get back home to a normal time zone I can get back to playing regularly. In the meantime I can get some good prep in for later.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1armydad View Post
    Thanks JD! I couldn't wait ended up getting all three core books and a module that was on sale so I had something to look through. I will wait till black Friday before purchasing anything else I need. I appreciate the heads up about the sale. Hopefully, there will be some of the modules I am looking at on sale. I did grab the DMG for the loot tables and to have a digital version of the DMG. Now if I can just get back home to a normal time zone I can get back to playing regularly. In the meantime I can get some good prep in for later.
    Many people are from all sorts of different parts of the world or their jobs/studies/other keep them at odd hours. whatever time you advertise a game for you will likely find at least some interest.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Many people are from all sorts of different parts of the world or their jobs/studies/other keep them at odd hours. whatever time you advertise a game for you will likely find at least some interest.
    Yeah it's pretty amazing. I'm running a Curse of Strahd campaign in FGPUG and I found out one player lives just a few blocks from me and another lives in Australia!

Thread Information