STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    I will wait until after FG Con to see if there are other responses (especially as people are likely already signed up for games for FG Con).

Currently, it looks like two main possibilities (apart from repeatables):

1. C. Dark Archive Case Files in slot V or later.

2. Potentially A. Season 2 metaplot scenarios and B. Season 3 metaplot scenarios in slot IV.

Having survived FG Con, here would be the next practical options:

Metaplot scenarios

Two options for SUN 4th around 9 AM UTC would be

1. 3-01 Intro (1-4, repeatable)

2. Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-05: Balancing the Scales (1-4)

The alternative would be to run a scenario one week later during the FG Paizo OP day (December 10th).

Case Files

There are a decent amount of case files that could run in half a regular scenario timeslot. However, some definitely need a longer slot or some cutting.

1. The Beast of Birchfrost (3rd level)

and

2. Shaking the Helping Hand (5th level)

I'd put in a 2 - 2 1/2 hour slot.

I can either put them into a combined slot at 2 or 2.30 PM UTC for 4 1/2 hours or one in a slot of 2 - 2 1/2 hours during that time.

I should be good most Sundays (with the expected exceptions during the holidays), e.g. on the 4th.

Let me know what you prefer.

I'm in favor of the Case Files, as I can't play most older scenarios (except Repeatables).
    I can't precisely tell how my Sundays work. Some are currently reserved for a campaign I play in, but one of the players might have to cancel the December sessions, so I could have plenty of time after all.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

From a schedule perspective, I can work with both the 9 am utc timeslot and the 2 pm utc slot.

In terms of pathfinder society stuff, my only character is level 2. Does mean I need to level up before paticipating in higher tier adventures (such as the the 3rd level Beast of Birchfrost mentioned above)?

Generally speaking that would be the rule (though you could play with pregens).

The case files are slightly different as they are run in adventure mode.

"Adventure Mode is used for adventures not specifically designed for society play, and allows the GM more freedom to adapt those adventures, including running the adventure in Pathfinder using*GM house rules and the ability to alter encounters and statistics found in the adventure. "

While they still give Society credit, they don't have strict rules. In theory, you could bring a Wookie or a teletubby to the table (with GM approval...) and you could still receive credit.

So for the case files you'd usually bring your own, appropriately leveled characters (not even necessarily PFS2 legal, though it may not hurt to double-check with the GM in case of unusual options).

Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    In theory, you could bring a Wookie or a teletubby to the table (with GM approval...)
    Don't give me any weird ideas (beyond those I already have )
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

On that note:

While I'm usually hesitant to include third party content, I'd be inclined to also allow the Battlezoo Ancestries for the case files. Note however that I do not have a FG module for them (nor any pdfs for most of them) and you would have to let me know the relevant rules a bit in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    So for the case files you'd usually bring your own, appropriately leveled characters (not even necessarily PFS2 legal, though it may not hurt to double-check with the GM in case of unusual options).
    I am okay with using pregens if needed. In the meantime, I will make something at the appropriate level(s) for the case files. To keep things on the safe side, I will only use first party stuff. Are there any other restrictions I should be aware of?

Pregens are possible at some of the levels, though not all levels have them. With adventure mode it's easy enough to make adjustments if necessary (though less than four characters can at times lead to some issues).

You can either use the same character at different levels (easier) or a different character every time (or any combination in between).

Nothing specifically, though if you pick any unusual options please let me know a bit in advance, especially at the higher levels.

Treasure by level.

I have tentatively scheduled (shorter) Dark Archive Case Files, tough I'm also happy to run them on SUN if there's enough demand (they are fairly easy to prep compared to scenarios for various reasons).

I have not heard back from all players originally interested in the scenarios unfortunately.

Do you want to try to schedule something this Sunday or the next Sunday?

Thread Information