FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Kingdoms and Warfare in Fantasy Grounds

Hello all,
    I have the Kingdoms and Warfare book (MCDM Prod) and recently saw the associated module for Fantasy Grounds. The question is ... SHOULD I get the module? K&W seems like such a complete departure from 5e for FG. Maybe this would be a good topic for a video from someone more versed in the module in FG (wink, wink). Anyway, input from anyone that has some experience with this combo would be greatly appreciated.
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

Blog Entries
    Do you want to use the info from K&W in a campaign you run with FG? Just a little bit of it or all of it? How do you feel about you or your players manually entering the parts of K&W you do want to use? Since K&W changes some of the character sheets etc, are you ok with not having those changes cleanly entered in your FG character sheet?

I don't use K&W, but if I was, I would rather have the content and the K&W extension that changes the character sheets etc in FG. But I can't tell you how important it is for you, or if it's worth your money

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Also, I think there is a sample adventure in that book? I don't remember if it was an entire adventure or not. If you are actually going to run that adventure, it would make it a lot more worthwhile getting the FG version.

Thanks for the input, I've had the book for some time, sort of reviewing it to see IF I want to use KW. My question is more geared toward someone that play-tested KW in FG. Not all systems/modules are created equal, so is there a better system, that is more "compatible" with FG? The book is written from the perspective of TT gaming and not really VTT, so the mechanics are a concern. Is there a good transition, or is it cumbersome to use in FG?, that sort of thing. I'm not married to any mass-combat system at this point, just happened to have the book.
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

I don't own the module or book so I can't weigh in on its value. I do know MeAndUnique put a lot of work into the custom extension he made for it to run in FGU.

You can always purchase it and see how much value added it is for you. SmiteWorks has a pretty generous return policy on purchases in their store if you are not happy with it. Purchases can be refunded within 30 days after the purchase date (don't quote me on that exact time period).

Matt has quite a few videos up on youtube, I would think one of them feature K&W

Thanks again, yeah, Matt is great about having videos for his products, but unfortunately I didn't see one covering the FG module and how it's used. I might go ahead and get the module and run it through it's paces (I'll have to check the accounting dept )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weepdrag View Post
    Thanks again, yeah, Matt is great about having videos for his products, but unfortunately I didn't see one covering the FG module and how it's used. I might go ahead and get the module and run it through it's paces (I'll have to check the accounting dept )
    Smiteworks has a no questions asked 30-day money back guarantee. So you could buy it, review and look to see how much you'd use it. Keep it if you want, or ask for a refund if you don't.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

OK, so I pulled the trigger and got both, Strongholds and Followers AND Kingdoms and Warfare. The question I have is now, How do the players track their units/retainers/etc. ? Do we just use NOTES or is there something I'm missing? Considering there was an extension for K&W, I thought that there might be some modification to the character sheet for such things??

Thanks for any input

I can only speak for strongholds and followers. There is no extension for that one. The followers are NPCs I think. You just need to give the players control of them. I made a couple of videos listed here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ul-information

I don’t know about the other one but there is an extension for it but I don’t know what it does. Make sure you have enabled the extension.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information