STAR TREK 2d20

[Bug] Desktop Bennies are missing the "Reset Position" functionality

When unlocking the "Bennies" stack as the GM, you do not get the functionality to reset its position:
    Unlocked Bennies.jpg
    This is because FGU (or CoreRPG?) automatically assigns "Reset position" to the position 2 on the radial menu, which is overwritten by the "Give Benny to PCs" button in SWADE. Shifting this to position 3 (bennytool.lua, line 10) makes the "Reset Position" button show up again:
    Unlocked Bennies Quickfix.jpg

Of course, there might be a better way to fix this - this is just what I found while poking around.

Pushed a fix to Test channel (shifted to position 4). I'll release the change with v4.3.1.

Regards,
    JPG

Well that was quick, thanks!

So, uh...turns out I missed something important.
    I was under the impression that registring the button to a position also applied functionality to it.
    This is not the case - it seems like the ruleset does not check which button is pressed, but which button *position* is being pressed.
    This means that line 27 ("if nOption == 2 and Session.IsHost then") also needs an update to position 4, otherwise the button won't do anything anymore.

That's what I get for suggesting half-baked fixes without understanding everything...
    m(

Quote Originally Posted by FrodoB View Post
    So, uh...turns out I missed something important.
    I was under the impression that registring the button to a position also applied functionality to it.
    This is not the case - it seems like the ruleset does not check which button is pressed, but which button *position* is being pressed.
    This means that line 27 ("if nOption == 2 and Session.IsHost then") also needs an update to position 4, otherwise the button won't do anything anymore.

That's what I get for suggesting half-baked fixes without understanding everything...
    m(
    In other words.... it is now moveable but the radial menu to award Bennies is broken.

Frodo apologises for any inconvenience in 50 foot high flaming letters.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; November 22nd, 2022 at 08:59.

I just pushed a fix for this. Please run a new Check for Updates.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information