DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 12 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Finally able to full use this in a session last night. A couple of quirks.
    (2e ruleset, everything fully updated)

The DM table frame could only be expanded vertically, not horizontally. For the players they do get the horizontal frame.
    When dealing out multiple cards works as expected, when the DM deals out a single card to a character the card details are revealed in chat. Players Chat.png

Characters controlled by the DM do not get cards when dealing out multiple cards, but they can be dealt out cards individually.

There did seem to be some lag for some players. The DM side would show 3 cards for example (correctly) but they would only see 2 cards, then the third would appear. That might just be a connection speed issue.

There was also a request (because I do not think it is part of the extension yet) to allow characters to pick up discarded cards by other players. That might be something I missed, the players spontaneously started playing Blackjack, Poker, and Go Fish all at the same time.

Thanks,

BOB
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Request: would you please set this extension to work with DCC RPG so that I can test it out for any issues. Most extensions that work for CoreRPG work in DCC. There is a new DCC ruleset variant, Weird Frontiers, that utilizes card decks and Decked Out would be the perfect extension for that ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by anstett View Post
    The DM table frame could only be expanded vertically, not horizontally. For the players they do get the horizontal frame.
    I'm not sure which window you're referring to. The Hand window is resizable in all directions (I find it easiest to use ctrl+left mouse to resize). The Deckbox is only resizable vertically.

When dealing out multiple cards works as expected, when the DM deals out a single card to a character the card details are revealed in chat. Players Chat.png
    Dealing 1 card to everyone, dealing multiple cards to everyone, and dealing multiple cards to 1 person will only display a single message in chat (that the GM dealt cards), without showing what the card is. This was to avoid chat spam. The only time a card will be shown in chat is if you're dealing a single card to a single person, AND according to the deck settings (by default the GM and the person receiving the card see the card in chat. Everyone else just sees 'a card' was dealt.).

Characters controlled by the DM do not get cards when dealing out multiple cards, but they can be dealt out cards individually.
    When dealing to the group, only characters that are controlled by active players that are connected to your session will receive a card. This was to avoid dealing cards to characters that aren't being currently played. I can revisit this so that there's a setting to deal cards to PCs that are owned by the GM.

There did seem to be some lag for some players. The DM side would show 3 cards for example (correctly) but they would only see 2 cards, then the third would appear. That might just be a connection speed issue.
    This sounds like a networking issue; I've only been able to test with local connections, so if this is a recurring issue definitely let me know and I'll see if I can do something about it.

There was also a request (because I do not think it is part of the extension yet) to allow characters to pick up discarded cards by other players. That might be something I missed, the players spontaneously started playing Blackjack, Poker, and Go Fish all at the same time.
    This is on my wishlist of features, but I don't have a good UI/UX solution for displaying discard piles to players. The only workaround for this is for players to give each other cards rather than discard them, or for the GM to get the card from the discard pile and give it to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    Request: would you please set this extension to work with DCC RPG so that I can test it out for any issues. Most extensions that work for CoreRPG work in DCC. There is a new DCC ruleset variant, Weird Frontiers, that utilizes card decks and Decked Out would be the perfect extension for that ruleset.
    The extension has no ruleset restrictions so it should work with any ruleset. It will show up under the name "Feature: Decked Out."

Is there any timeline for this to work with Better Menus? (It is throwing errors as of 12-13-22).

Quote Originally Posted by mattvictim View Post
    Is there any timeline for this to work with Better Menus? (It is throwing errors as of 12-13-22).
    This should have been fixed already. When error are you seeing?

EDIT: I've found a compatibility issue that I'm going to ask Celestian to take a look at.
    Last edited by Saagael; December 13th, 2022 at 21:57.

Whenever hovering the cursor over Menus/Records/Books/Hand it throws: [string "W:menulist_window"]:23: attempt to index field 'windowDropDown' (a nil value)

Quote Originally Posted by mattvictim View Post
    Whenever hovering the cursor over Menus/Records/Books/Hand it throws: [string "W:menulist_window"]:23: attempt to index field 'windowDropDown' (a nil value)
    Celestian will be pushing an update soon that helps with the compatibility. Once that's out there shouldn't be any other issues, but let me know if you find something.

Hello!

A user of my Cyberpunk RED ruleset reported an issue with Decked Out where it seems to be overriding the onDrop event on Character Sheets (and thus preventing dragging a Role to level up a character) while the extension is loaded. It’s also a very useful extension for implementing the Cyberpunk Tarot DLC, so I was hoping maybe a fix could be implemented in the extension.

If the onDrop of character sheets is needed for the extension, there is a way to return the right value so that other onDrop events are processed as well, instead of being swallowed by the extension. (I believe it is by returning false instead of true, but I forget.)

Is this a fix we could see implemented in the extension?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    Hello!

A user of my Cyberpunk RED ruleset reported an issue with Decked Out where it seems to be overriding the onDrop event on Character Sheets (and thus preventing dragging a Role to level up a character) while the extension is loaded. It’s also a very useful extension for implementing the Cyberpunk Tarot DLC, so I was hoping maybe a fix could be implemented in the extension.

If the onDrop of character sheets is needed for the extension, there is a way to return the right value so that other onDrop events are processed as well, instead of being swallowed by the extension. (I believe it is by returning false instead of true, but I forget.)

Is this a fix we could see implemented in the extension?

Thanks!
    Thanks for reporting this. I'll check it out and see if I can find out what's going on.

Thread Information