STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last

Decked Out - Play With Cards in Fantasy Grounds

Forge Link: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/910/view
    Documentation: https://github.com/Gtaray/DeckedOut/wiki

Current Version: v2.2.0

Decked Out is an extension for any CoreRPG based ruleset that adds a comprehensive and intuitive system for handling decks of cards in any game. Create decks of cards using tokens as card images, then load that deck up and deal out cards. All operations can be handled via drag and drop, or through the radial menu. You can see the full documentation at the link at the top of this post.

The extension works by adding a new "Deck" record type, which you can access via the sidebar. You create a new deck by drag/dropping tokens from your Asset window onto the new deck. Once you've done that you open the "Deckbox", which is accessed in the Tools category of the sidebar. The deckbox is where the GM manages their active decks, including cards in players' hands. To load a deck into the deckbox, just drag and drop it onto the deckbox.

Once a deck is loaded, you can deal cards to one or more players (including yourself), move cards between players, discard cards, play cards from the top of the deck, and reshuffle cards back into the deck. These actions can be performed with the buttons within the deckbox, from within radial menus on the deck or character portraits, or by drag/dropping cards from place to place.

The current feature set is robust enough to handle most gameplay needs, though I'm happy to add features as the need for them arises. Please let me know if you have any questions, feature requests, or find anything weird. Your feedback is helpful and appreciated!

Potentials Future Features
    * Hearth Theme support. This one is coming Soon(tm)
    * Trigger Me Timbers support

Known Issues
    * Putting a card shortcut on a text field (like in a story or note), moving the card, then opening the card shortcut will create an empty card. Discarding or reshuffling these dead cards will remove them. Don't put links to cards on text fields.
    * Cards placed on images not actually 'placed' on images. The card still exist in your hand or deck or discard pile. When a card token is placed on an image, it becomes a new token completely separate from the card in your hand/deck/discard, and needs to be deleted separately.

Change Log
    v2.2.0 - Added a search bar to a deck's card list and discard pile to search for cards by name.
    v2.1.3 - Fixed issue in the Savage Worlds ruleset that prevented dropping anything on combat tracker entries.
    v2.1.0 - You can now drag/drop cards in your hand to re-order them however you want. Added a radial menu in the hand to sort cards in ascending order by deck name, then by card name. Other minor tweaks.
    v1.2.1 - Fixed error in the Savage Worlds ruleset.
    v1.2.0 - Hovering over cards in your hand opens an enlarged image of the card. Players can now pick up discarded cards from their links in chat via drag/drop (game option to toggle). GMs can drag/drop any links from chat. Added a new deck setting to automatically shuffle discarded cards back into their deck. Fixed a bug where game settings were changeable by players.
    v1.1.1 - Fixed issue where Decked Out would eat character sheet drop events. Decked Out works with Better Menus now.
    v1.1.0 - It is now possible to have cards exist in a hand face down, with the ability to flip and peek at face down cards. New deck and game settings control this. Full docs on this feature here
    v1.0.5 - Fixed a silly error with loading a deck.
    v1.0.4 - Added support for AD&D 2e. Isn't fully compatible with better menus yet.
    v1.0.3 - Updated a handful of icons for better readability. Fixed issue with players returning cards to the deck. Fixed issue when locking/unlocking a deck.
    v1.0.1 - Initial release

For Developers:
    The code for Decked Out is completely open source on github, and I welcome any other devs to take a look and see how it can be integrated for specific games and systems. The code is free to include with attribution in any non-commercial product. If there are any features specific to your game or system you'd like to see added to Decked Out, let me know!
    Last edited by Saagael; June 3rd, 2023 at 23:08.

Blog Entries
    Nice work Saagael. I reviewed and approved that in the Forge and I thought it looked pretty sweet.

This looks pretty nice. Thanks for creating and sharing with the community.

I've had a quick play around and I get the following error when I lock/unlock a Deck record:

Code:
    [11/9/2022 9:39:43 AM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "DeckedOut:common/scripts/record_window.lua"]:14: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)
    EDIT: and another error - when a player selects "Reshuffle this card back into its deck":

Code:
    [11/9/2022 9:45:45 AM] 
    stack traceback:
    	[string "DeckedOut:scripts/decked_out_utilities.lua"]:128: in function 'validateHost'
    	[string "DeckedOut:scripts/manager_card.lua"]:22: in function 'moveCard'
    	[string "DeckedOut:scripts/manager_card.lua"]:143: in function 'putCardBackInDeck'
    	[string "DeckedOut:..s/standardCardRadialOptions.lua"]:22: in function <[string "DeckedOut:..s/standardCardRadialOptions.lua"]:16>
    [11/9/2022 9:45:45 AM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "DeckedOut:scripts/decked_out_events.lua"]:325: attempt to index local 'vCard' (a nil value)
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 9th, 2022 at 16:47.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This looks pretty nice. Thanks for creating and sharing with the community.

I've had a quick play around and I get the following error when I lock/unlock a Deck record:

Code:
    [11/9/2022 9:39:43 AM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "DeckedOut:common/scripts/record_window.lua"]:14: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)
    Spend so much time on the complex stuff and you forget the basic stuff. Got a fix for it already.

EDIT: and another error - when a player selects "Reshuffle this card back into its deck":

Code:
    [11/9/2022 9:45:45 AM] 
    stack traceback:
    	[string "DeckedOut:scripts/decked_out_utilities.lua"]:128: in function 'validateHost'
    	[string "DeckedOut:scripts/manager_card.lua"]:22: in function 'moveCard'
    	[string "DeckedOut:scripts/manager_card.lua"]:143: in function 'putCardBackInDeck'
    	[string "DeckedOut:..s/standardCardRadialOptions.lua"]:22: in function <[string "DeckedOut:..s/standardCardRadialOptions.lua"]:16>
    [11/9/2022 9:45:45 AM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "DeckedOut:scripts/decked_out_events.lua"]:325: attempt to index local 'vCard' (a nil value)
    Working on a fix for this. By the time I can upload a new build to the Forge it'll be ready.

Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT: and another error - when a player selects "Reshuffle this card back into its deck"
    These have both been fixed in v1.0.3

Not working with Better Menus in 2ed.

Module loads, but no content when opened. Module Data opens the Decks dialog box but is blank.
    Under Records -> Deckbox does not exist.

Thanks,

BOB
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Quote Originally Posted by anstett View Post
    Not working with Better Menus in 2ed.

Module loads, but no content when opened. Module Data opens the Decks dialog box but is blank.
    Under Records -> Deckbox does not exist.

Thanks,

BOB
    I'm not familiar with 2e or Better Menus, but trying it out myself I see a few issues:

1. There's no sidebar, and I rely on the sidebar to show the Hand button. I can see about adding this to 2e's menu system.
    2. Deckbox currently displays under "Menus", though it's not capitalized, not sure why that is.
    3. I'm unsure what you mean by no content is opened when the module loads. A screenshot showing what windows you're looking at would be helpful.
    4. I can load the deck of 52 module and it displays in the Decks record menu, but for some reason you can't drop it on the deckbox. Weird. Will have to investigate this. (Edit: This is solved)

EDIT: After a little investigation, because there's no sidebar in 2e support for that system will take a little while. Without the sidebar I'm unsure how to display the button to open and close the hand of cards.
    Last edited by Saagael; November 9th, 2022 at 22:29.

Untitled.jpg

Here is what the dialog boxes look like.
    I checked under Menus and Deckbox is not there either for me.

Thanks for checking,

BOB
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    Forge Link: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/910/view
    Documentation: https://github.com/Gtaray/DeckedOut/wiki

Current Version: v1.0.3

Decked Out is an extension for any CoreRPG based ruleset that adds a comprehensive and intuitive system for handling decks of cards in any game. Create decks of cards using tokens as card images, then load that deck up and deal out cards. All operations can be handled via drag and drop, or through the radial menu. You can see the full documentation at the link at the top of this post.

The extension works by adding a new "Deck" record type, which you can access via the sidebar. You create a new deck by drag/dropping tokens from your Asset window onto the new deck. Once you've done that you open the "Deckbox", which is accessed in the Tools category of the sidebar. The deckbox is where the GM manages their active decks, including cards in players' hands. To load a deck into the deckbox, just drag and drop it onto the deckbox.

Once a deck is loaded, you can deal cards to one or more players (including yourself), move cards between players, discard cards, play cards from the top of the deck, and reshuffle cards back into the deck. These actions can be performed with the buttons within the deckbox, from within radial menus on the deck or character portraits, or by drag/dropping cards from place to place.

The current feature set is robust enough to handle most gameplay needs, though I'm happy to add features as the need for them arises. Please let me know if you have any questions, feature requests, or find anything weird. Your feedback is helpful and appreciated!

Change Log
    v1.0.3 - Updated a handful of icons for better readability. Fixed issue with players returning cards to the deck. Fixed issue when locking/unlocking a deck.
    v1.0.1 - Initial release

For Developers:
    The code for Decked Out is completely open source on github, and I welcome any other devs to take a look and see how it can be integrated for specific games and systems. The code is free to include with attribution in any non-commercial product. If there are any feature specific to your game or system you'd like to see added to Decked Out, let me know!
    Great! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by anstett View Post
    Untitled.jpg

Here is what the dialog boxes look like.
    I checked under Menus and Deckbox is not there either for me.

Thanks for checking,

BOB
    Probably a silly question, but have you enabled the Decked Out extension? The fact that you're not seeing the Deckbox option makes me think it's not loaded.

Thread Information