STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Error

You can't drag and drop files into the forum file uploader; you have to use the Choose File button.

Regards,
    JPG

So this is strange. On a whim, I opened FG and clicked check updates even though the border was not red. I opened without the extension and it worked, closed it and received the error, went back in and checked for updates then opened without the extension, it worked. Closed it and reopened and received the error again. Opened and checked for updates and with extension again and it worked. On the occasions it works, the new dice and menu to the left are present. When the errors occur, it's as in the previous pic with no dice and no menus....

It sounds like you have two different installations of FG on your machine. Your desktop shortcut is probably pointing to the old version; and the updater reads the new version from the settings.

You'll need to update your desktop shortcut to point to the same directory as the one shown in the FG Settings.

Regards,
    JPG

fgu_logs_20221101.2.zipThanks all. Understood. Figured it out. Hope this helps.

Did you figure out if the shortcut you use to start FG has the same path as the FG Settings Application Folder setting?

The console.log in the logs you posted are v4.2.2; but the latest version is v4.3.0. This lends support to the theory that you have multiple install locations, and your shortcut is pointing to old one. This can happen if you move/rename the installation location and/or shortcut file.

Regards,
    JPG

Ah ok. Could be. I hadn't played much for several months and had many updates. I wandered around in the files and see multiple folders both in FantasyGrounds folders and Smiteworks folders. Seems I need to get rid of some? Is there a step by step walkthrough?

Right click on the shortcut that you use to start FG, and see which directory it is pointing to.
    Open FG Settings, and see which directory that one is pointing to.

Then, fix the FG shortcut to point to the directory specified in the FG Settings.
    Finally, delete the directory that the that the shortcut used to point to.

Make sure that the version number of FG when you launch via your shortcut link shows v4.3.0.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks. Yep that was it. Folders were a mess. I had 2 Old FG Folders and 4 Smiteworks folders. Down to just the one Smiteworks now and it seems to be ok.

Thread Information