DICE PACKS BUNDLE

LFP - 1 or 2 players for long term D&D 3.5 Wednesday Afternoons Central Time

PLEASE NOTE: Our roster is currently full. I will check here periodically for new messages and reach out if any spots open up.

We have a newly started online game using 3.5 rules and we need some fresh mea- I mean adventurers!

It is my homebrew world but I have adapted a large published adventure to work in it. We had 3 players but one left, so we would be interested in having one or two new folks join.

The weekly session is on Wednesday afternoons beginning at 1 pm and usually running 3 to 4 hours. Yes, weekday afternoons for us. We operate on Central Time, so that’s GMT -5 and UTC -6. Like that’s a necessary confusion, right? Skype for talking and a Discord chat for text between games.

It is a long-term campaign. There will be towns, wilderness and many deadly dungeon adventures, NPC friends and foes, monsters both familiar and new, and a source of ultimate evil to seek out and destroy (assuming you’re of that sort of alignment). The world is my own with maps and a gazetteer. I am plugging in an existing campaign from a book that begins at 3rd level and can take characters up to epic levels.

I’m a flexible DM. I’ve been playing and DM-ing since ancient days and started using Fantasy Grounds in 2020 when online was the only option for a while. I’ve created a lot of my own FG content, so custom tokens and such are welcome. Basic rules are followed but I use whatever mods help with play or are just cool. It’s a fantasy world, so why limit the imagination? Currently the party is a kobold and a half-ogre, yep, and we lost our doughty dwarf. I like a campaign with player driven action and role play along with a character building sequence of encounters and combat. I take full advantage the new FG mapping features and effects, etc. and the automation is a great play aid, but analog-style is still the best way to do some things. I use maps I’ve found or I make my own maps and tokens whenever I can’t find what I want. I enjoy a dramatic, active, visual game. My overriding principle is we are doing this because it’s fun.

Please contact me here if you’re interested and I will get in touch.

Cheers, Laergulon
    Last edited by Laergulon; December 11th, 2022 at 16:42.

I am interested in this game, although I don't remember playing 3.5 edition, I know i did cuz i played them all.
    I will send you a direct message with my interest.
    Nick

Thanks for replying. I've messaged you back.

I'm potentially interested in joining as well, but I wouldn't be available at that time until December when my classes end since I have Wednesday afternoon labs at the moment.

Hi, thanks for replying. We are just getting underway and will likely have space for new adventurers then. Just let me know when you want to have a look at the game.

Hello, I'm interested to join if possible, although appreciate this thread was started some 20 odd days ago.
    Would like to know more about what material of 3.5 you allow; all the books, just the Completes, Core 3 only etc.
    In interest of openness I'm UK based so the Central time translates to 6pm our time, a quick turnaround from work but viable. And I've played on the other tabletop website for many years but not used FG for a game, hopefully that's not a deal breaker.
    I've been played 3.5 for 10+ years, as player and GM. I'm looking for a regular long term game that strikes balance between light-hearted and serious, combat and roleplay.
    I've no ideas about character build at this time, I would want to know more about your homebrew setting.

Hello. My apologies for not replying for so long but I was out with some health issues these past 3 weeks and only just am getting back to normal. Currently I have myself as DM and two US players, so the group is really too small to be completely fun for the roleplay aspect. Thusly, I am now considering options for more PC's. I am having my first game session in a month tomorrow, during which I hope to finish the half-done combat and discuss expanding the group.
    I have been playing and DM-ing since the original ruleset. I chose 3.5 as the most viable option when I took up DM duties again a few years ago. We had all of the books and the DM I was filling in for was running his game in 3.5, hence zero learning curve. When everything shut down I opened my game online for friends who wanted to play around the quarantine.
    I am running a large module game, customized to my own world. If you can find the 3.5 rule for something I will consider it for the game. I have dozens of custom items and monsters I have made for use in FG, among other things. The party is currently a kobold sorcerer and a half-ogre warrior, along with a dwarven cleric player who left the group one session earlier for unspecified reasons. That character will either move along or be taken over by a player. That gives you an idea of the play and rule style. I like things to be fantastical, since we are creating a fantasy world. All of us are at home, which is why we wanted a daytime game, but start time is flexible and if you can join at a reasonable time that's not a problem. It would be very cool if the game became all international.
    I will message you, later tomorrow, one way or another, when I've met with the group.
    Cheers, Laergulon

PLEASE NOTE: We have a full roster at the moment. I will continue to check in here periodically for messages and will reach out if there are any openings. Thanks for all of the interest.

Thread Information