FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 9 First ... 56789 Last

Thread: OSRIC Ruleset

Attempted to fix a reported issue with large creatures dropped on maps being the same size as medium creatures, etc. Please test it out and let me know if you find anything wrong. If it ends up causing issues in your games that need to be fixed, my apologies. Discord generally gets the quickest response.

Uploaded a new version that includes:

fix encumbrance values and thresholds
    fix currency weights and calculations
    fix ability score details

If you find anything wrong with it, please let me know.

I am not sure if I have done something wrong in options maybe. I have the Extension: AD&D Options and House Rules in use as well as main ruleset and all the book mods that add OSRIC content as well.
    The issue I have is when I double click on an actor in the Combat tracker I get an error log.
    It does jump to the actors position on the map ,so that works correctly.

In this example I have double clicked on this particular Kobold that is shown in NPC tab.
    I did add 2 Kobolds to Combat tracker ,they each have an identifying number so that bit seems OK.
    And combat seems OK.
    Really just started experimenting with Ruleset,
    Made 1 Character and this is my first combat.

I did double click on the Kobold a few times ,just to check the error notice.

Few more pics in case info is needed.

It is the only issue I have encountered (pun on words) so far. The ruleset ,extension and book mods look really great by the way and it is a pleasure to play with them ,especially since they are provided so kindly free of charge. I just wanted to know If I have done something incorrectly and whether anyone else has had this issue ,and perhaps it is a minor adjustment required to fix it.
    Last edited by seanny; February 1st, 2024 at 02:36.

Quote Originally Posted by seanny View Post
    I am not sure if I have done something wrong in options maybe. I have the Extension: AD&D Options and House Rules in use as well as main ruleset and all the book mods that add OSRIC content as well.
    The issue I have is when I double click on an actor in the Combat tracker I get an error log.
    It does jump to the actors position on the map ,so that works correctly.

In this example I have double clicked on this particular Kobold that is shown in NPC tab.
    I did add 2 Kobolds to Combat tracker ,they each have an identifying number so that bit seems OK.
    And combat seems OK.
    Really just started experimenting with Ruleset,
    Made 1 Character and this is my first combat.

I did double click on the Kobold a few times ,just to check the error notice.

Few more pics in case info is needed.

It is the only issue I have encountered (pun on words) so far. The ruleset ,extension and book mods look really great by the way and it is a pleasure to play with them ,especially since they are provided so kindly free of charge. I just wanted to know If I have done something incorrectly and whether anyone else has had this issue ,and perhaps it is a minor adjustment required to fix it.
    Thanks for the report. I can reproduce this, but only on NPCs. Is that the case for you, as well? At any rate, I'll get to the bottom of why this is happening on NPCs and fix it, pending any other feedback that you have.
    Twitter: @Doomswords
    Discord: Doomsword#0669

Initially-
    I do get the same error if I click on my own character.
    BUT I am playing a local solo game ,so I suppose my character is an NPC too?
    He has not been added to the Party sheet and thus does not appear on top left hand side of my window.

As a further test.
    I added my character to Party Sheet ,now he is on top left of game window.
    I started combat tracker afresh, added my character , 2 kobolds ,added all 3 parties to map.
    Clicked on my character in Combat tracker-
    same error occurs in log.

Quote Originally Posted by seanny View Post
    Initially-
    I do get the same error if I click on my own character.
    BUT I am playing a local solo game ,so I suppose my character is an NPC too?
    He has not been added to the Party sheet and thus does not appear on top left hand side of my window.

As a further test.
    I added my character to Party Sheet ,now he is on top left of game window.
    I started combat tracker afresh, added my character , 2 kobolds ,added all 3 parties to map.
    Clicked on my character in Combat tracker-
    same error occurs in log.
    Thanks for the detail. I can precisely reproduce this. Working on it...

This should be fixed now. Simply update to get the fix. Apologies for any inconvenience, thanks for reporting it, and please do let me know if you experience further issues.

Eureka.
    You found it.

Works great now.
    Thank you very much.

Updated OSRIC to not include attack penalties for encumbrance tiers, since I don't believe those exist in either 1E or OSRIC. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, or let me know if you want this added back in as an option.

Hi, is there way of changing the in built initiative dice? I know d6 is the BTB way but I'd really like the option to select alternative dice types if possible.

Thread Information