DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 9 First ... 23456 ... Last

Thread: OSRIC Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsword View Post
    Unfortunate that you had to restart but at least that did work. Sorry about that. I'll look into it and get back with you shortly. Seems to be related to drag/drop conversion of monsters from 2E versions to OSRIC versions. Looks like the NPC's name is non-existent or something. I don't have U1, but I'll grab it if necessary. Thanks for the report.
    You're welcome but I don't think it's related to U1 because everything works as it should at start. It's only after we play for some time, something happens and then every encounter breaks (even the ones that were working at the start of the session). I'm guessing it's related to some leftover data in the combat tracker or something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by makronax View Post
    You're welcome but I don't think it's related to U1 because everything works as it should at start. It's only after we play for some time, something happens and then every encounter breaks (even the ones that were working at the start of the session). I'm guessing it's related to some leftover data in the combat tracker or something like this.
    Thanks. I'll should be able to get to looking at this tonight.

I was not able to reproduce this, but it's probably specific to something that's hard to reproduce (like you're saying). I did put in a check to determine if it was a nil value before parsing, so this should "fix" it for you. If it still happens or something else strange happens, just let me know. Update in FG for the newest version.

I was not able to reproduce this, but it's probably specific to something that's hard to reproduce (like you're saying). I did put in a check to determine if it was a nil value before parsing, so this should "fix" it for you. If it still happens or something else strange happens, just let me know. Update in FG for the newest version.
    Thanks, I'll see how it goes in my next session.

I've found the 2E NPC generator module here:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...eration-Module
    And I've tried to import the resulting stat blocks into OSRIC which resulted in NPCs that have their saving throws broken with -20 and no attacks or powers. Should this work? Maybe I can fix something in the stat blocks to make it work? Or is there another stat block generator that OSRIC ruleset supports correctly?

Here are a couple examples:
    Ramas Marivaldi, (Male, Human, Thief); (STR 12, DEX 9, CON 13, INT 13, WIS 13, CHA 7); AL Chaotic Good; MV 12; Lvl 2 HD 2d6; HP 12 THAC0 20; DMG By Weapon #AT 1 SA Thief Skills, Backstab x2 SD XP 35; ML 13 Spells Wizard: Backstab x2;

Finellen Brawnanvil, (Female, Dwarf, Cleric); (STR 17, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 4, WIS 13, CHA 16); AL Neutral Good; MV 6; Lvl 1 HD 1d8; HP 8 THAC0 20; DMG By Weapon #AT 1 SA Priest Spells, Turn Undead SD XP 65; ML 14 ;

Thanks, I'll see how it goes in my next session.

I've found the 2E NPC generator module here:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...eration-Module
    And I've tried to import the resulting stat blocks into OSRIC which resulted in NPCs that have their saving throws broken with -20 and no attacks or powers. Should this work? Maybe I can fix something in the stat blocks to make it work? Or is there another stat block generator that OSRIC ruleset supports correctly?

Here are a couple examples:
    I have no experience with that module, but I'll test it and see if there's anything to be done.

I'm happy to report that in our last session which happened yesterday there were no problems with encounters. Thank you for your hard work!

I'm happy to report that in our last session which happened yesterday there were no problems with encounters. Thank you for your hard work!
    Great! Glad to hear it. Thanks for reporting back!

The time has come for the first level ups and I have to ask, how does this work? I can change character level manually but it doesn't modify any derived stats. Applying EXP from Total EXP with the checkbox does not level up (plus it replaces the old value weirdly). THAC0 and I'm guessing saves are left unchanged. Moreover, the EXP value for the next level is read-only so I cannot set it manually at all it looks like.

The time has come for the first level ups and I have to ask, how does this work? I can change character level manually but it doesn't modify any derived stats. Applying EXP from Total EXP with the checkbox does not level up (plus it replaces the old value weirdly). THAC0 and I'm guessing saves are left unchanged. Moreover, the EXP value for the next level is read-only so I cannot set it manually at all it looks like.
    Once you've applied the TOTAL XP, you need to click the "plus" button to the right of XP NEEDED:

Does that work for you?

Once you've applied the TOTAL XP, you need to click the "plus" button to the right of XP NEEDED:

Does that work for you?
    I did notice that I had to "/reload" the game to get the character's matrices to change. I've had that as something I need to fix but forgot. I'll get that corrected. Assuming you run into the same thing, you'll have to reload or restart. I know that's a pain. I'll put top priority on fixing it.

Thread Information