FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 9 First ... 789

Thread: OSRIC Ruleset

Hi,
    I've been having some weird AC and MV results cropping up - ran through the following:

Human FTR – with DEX bonus -1 to AC
    Running OSRIC and AD&D O&HR extension, nothing else

With no armour or shield AC 9, MV 12 = all good
    a) Drag and drop shield, medium +1 and AC changes to -1 (it should be 7), MV remains 12
    b) Unequip shield +1 (change to carry), drag and drop scale mail, AC changes to 5 (correct) and MV to 9 (it should be 6)
    c) Re-equip shield +1 (change to worn), AC becomes 4 (it should be 3) and MV remains 9 (it should be 6)

delete scale and shield – AC 9, MV 12 (all good)

a) drag and drop scale mail, AC changes to 5 (correct) and MV to 9 (it should be 6)
    b) drag and drop shield, medium +1 whilst unidentified AC drops to 4, MV remains 9 – I’d expect the AC to drop to 3 but I’m not sure as its unidentified.
    c) Identify shield on character sheet, AC remains 4, MV remains 9 – both incorrect
    d) Unequip shield +1 (change to carry), AC 5 (correct) and MV 9 (incorrect)
    e) Re -equip shield +1 (change to worn), AC 4 (incorrect) and MV 9 (incorrect)
    f) Unequip scale mail, leaving shield +1 equipped and AC drops to -1, MV to 9 – both incorrect

Left character with shield and scale equipped (AC 4, MV 9) exited and removed AD&D O&HR Extension
    Character remained AC 4, MV 9 (should be AC 3, MV 6) on relaunch.
    Deleted both items and repeated all steps above with identical results.

I did this experiment both before and after the latest red update moving the system from 4.4.? to 4.5.2

All items came direct from the OSRIC item list.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippeeJerred View Post
    Hi,
    I've been having some weird AC and MV results cropping up - ran through the following:

Human FTR – with DEX bonus -1 to AC
    Running OSRIC and AD&D O&HR extension, nothing else

With no armour or shield AC 9, MV 12 = all good
    a) Drag and drop shield, medium +1 and AC changes to -1 (it should be 7), MV remains 12
    b) Unequip shield +1 (change to carry), drag and drop scale mail, AC changes to 5 (correct) and MV to 9 (it should be 6)
    c) Re-equip shield +1 (change to worn), AC becomes 4 (it should be 3) and MV remains 9 (it should be 6)

delete scale and shield – AC 9, MV 12 (all good)

a) drag and drop scale mail, AC changes to 5 (correct) and MV to 9 (it should be 6)
    b) drag and drop shield, medium +1 whilst unidentified AC drops to 4, MV remains 9 – I’d expect the AC to drop to 3 but I’m not sure as its unidentified.
    c) Identify shield on character sheet, AC remains 4, MV remains 9 – both incorrect
    d) Unequip shield +1 (change to carry), AC 5 (correct) and MV 9 (incorrect)
    e) Re -equip shield +1 (change to worn), AC 4 (incorrect) and MV 9 (incorrect)
    f) Unequip scale mail, leaving shield +1 equipped and AC drops to -1, MV to 9 – both incorrect

Left character with shield and scale equipped (AC 4, MV 9) exited and removed AD&D O&HR Extension
    Character remained AC 4, MV 9 (should be AC 3, MV 6) on relaunch.
    Deleted both items and repeated all steps above with identical results.

I did this experiment both before and after the latest red update moving the system from 4.4.? to 4.5.2

All items came direct from the OSRIC item list.
    Thanks for the report and thorough testing. I'll run through your scenarios (and any others I think of) and see what's going on.
    Twitter: @Doomswords
    Discord: Doomsword#0669

New version available that fixes the above issues and adds maximum movement rate by armor type. The weird issue with magic shields was that they have a "subtype" of "magic" instead of "shield" in the OSRIC ref module.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsword View Post
    New version available that fixes the above issues and adds maximum movement rate by armor type. The weird issue with magic shields was that they have a "subtype" of "magic" instead of "shield" in the OSRIC ref module.
    Many thanks for the quick response and update, All looks good on a quick review.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippeeJerred View Post
    Many thanks for the quick response and update, All looks good on a quick review.
    Great. Thanks for testing it out.

New version available

- fixes zombie initiative, as well as any creatures that have an "Always Last" special action, whether you get them from OSRIC or 2E modules. Initiative is set to 8 for these creatures, 2 points higher than the max value of the d6. Depending upon combat circumstances, you may see chat values much higher than this but they'll be reflected properly in the combat tracker. I'll probably work on that at some point but I consider it a minor, cosmetic-only issue that may be time-consuming. There are other things I'd like to change about the ruleset, first.

Thread Information