5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

? about character sheets.

Where in the world are they and how can you export/backup/transfer them?
    for gamer's who grew up...
    bluecollargaming.com

The character sheets are stored in the db.xml file on the GMs PC. The file is in the campaign folder. I'm afraid transferring them individually is a case of cutting and pasting out of the db.xml file. You also have to change the identity number to fit in with the db.xml file you are pasting in to. If you want to transfer all characters to another campaign, just copy the db.xml file in to the new campaign before any new characters are created.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Ok, so characters are the only thing stored in the db.xml? I was just about to ask what you do when you finish a campaign and move on to another with the same characters...

This seems a bit archaic and an odd way to handle such a crucial part of a tabletop game...
    bluecollargaming.com

Everything in a campaign is stored in the db.xml. Personalities, maps, characters, storybook entries.

You should probably look into how adventure modules work. Things would be easier for your to bring the adventures to the characters rather than the characters to each new adventure. In other words, keep the campaign's characters in a campaign you only have the characters in. Then import any needed adventure modules. Once you are finished with an adventure or location then just unselect the module(s). That way the characters are always in the same campaign and it doesn't get loaded down with old adventures and other junk.

Gotcha. I can understand that. For example our campaign will encompass our entire world setting in Greyhawk using C&C and we will incorporate adventure modules for things Attack on the Borderlands, Smuggler's Cove, etc.

I just made a slew of character sheets under local characters. How do I import them into the campaign?

Edit: NVM, I just connected as a player and selected each character.
    Last edited by Loggahead; November 30th, 2007 at 19:21.
    bluecollargaming.com

Just a note if you haven't noticed it:

Those characters will be assigned to you in the campaign so your DM will need to toggle them to free them up for game time (right click I think).

Thought I'd mention that in case you got to gameday one and nobody could aquire them and you were sat scratching your heads.

Best of luck with the game.

Sweet, I did notice that. I also noticed that one user could control multiple characters if the need be. We have a house practice of someone's character being run as an npc is he can't make it to a session.

I ran a little skirmish to get some basics of combat down and it ran very very well! I can't wait to do a full session with FGII !!! So far I am loving it. It is a bit of a mindset to adjust to but nowhere near as hard to learn as Klooge.
    bluecollargaming.com

Quote Originally Posted by Loggahead
    .... It is a bit of a mindset to adjust to but nowhere near as hard to learn as Klooge.
    Amen to that!
    All things in life are questions of balance/or timing.

The best quote I remember about Klooge is something like: "It can do anything - including vacuuming your room - but figuring out how to tell it to do that is not easy." That was precisely my somewhat limited experience with it. Great tool, but too much work to use for entertainment.

Thread Information