STAR TREK 2d20
Page 10 of 22 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    No worries, just wanted to let you know.

Thanks for all you do!

Hi @damned,
    Since I'm translating a bit of everything (I own almost all of the Italian edition) I'll let you know what I found:

Core Rulebook Player >> Clockwork Ancestry
    1. Tables section lack of link to tables Appearance and Background
    2. I am not pretty sure cause I am translating to Italian so I have Italian Original Edition as starting point but it seems to me that Talents Failing Magic, Wind the Clock and Object Form are from Ghosts in Machines additional Module (but I could definitely be wrong and so I apologize in advance if that were the case)

Core Rulebook Player >> Orc Ancestry
    1. Tables section lack of link to tables Personality

Ruleset >> Ancestry Window
    1. It is resizable but control do not follow the width (which would be very convenient for single-line fields). I attach an Image.
    Resizable Window.JPG

By the way there are restricted word you use to parse automation/effect so I avoid to translate also them and loose the "effects"???

Thank you in advance and have a great day..
    Daniele Roitero
    Trieste, Italy

Blog Entries
    Thanks redba!

Ancestry shoudl not be horizontally resizable - I shall take that away from you!
    Will get back to you on the others.

Hello damned! Thanks for all the great work. We just played our first session in this ruleset and everything seemed to run smoothly, but when we tried to start our second encounter, none of our players seem able to perform automated attacks from their sheets. NPCs are able to attack just fine, but none of the PCs are. It worked fine earlier in the session. Here's the type of error we keep getting:

SotDL error.png

Our GM is not running any extensions apart from the base ruleset. Client's been updated as well.

​Edit: This has been solved!
    Last edited by Damon; March 29th, 2023 at 22:55. Reason: Solved

Another round of things i noticed..

Core Rulebook Player >> Items >>

Animals and Animal Equipment Category - Items lack of Availability.
    Clothing and Accessories - Items lack of Availability.
    Food and Accommodations - Items lack of Availability.
    Incantations - Items lack of Availability.
    Potions - Items lack of Availability.
    Tools - Items lack of Availability.

Personal Gear - Items lack of Availability.
    Personal Gear >> Oil, flask >> Missing description in text field
    Personal Gear >> Torch >> Missing description in text field
    Personal Gear >> Deck of Cards >> This entry is a wrong duplicate of entry called "Cards, Deck" cause Cost is 2 bits insted the correct one is 3 bits as per "Cards, Deck" entry.

Heavy Melee Weapons >> Greataxe >> Missing description in text field (Requires Strength 13+.).

Ranged Weapons - All items lack of Uses Ammo Cheked.
    Ranged Weapons - Even if the object is locked it is possible to check and uncheck the box Uses Ammo (only this one I checked all others).

Shield >> Small Shield >> Missing description in text field (Requires Strength 9+.).

Swift Melee Weapons >> Missing description in text field (Requires Strength or Agility 11 or higher).
    Swift Melee Weapons >> Scourge item is missing.

Tools >> Disguise Kit >> Missing description in text field.
    Tools >> Healer's Kit >> Missing description in text field.
    Daniele Roitero
    Trieste, Italy

redba, thank you so much for finding these mistakes. We processed a lot of data, and we did the best we could, but in the end there are mistakes. We really appreciate your help finding them.

Clockwork Ancestry: Tables section lack of link to tables Appearance and Background
    Fixed

Clockwork Ancestry: ...that Talents Failing Magic, Wind the Clock and Object Form are from Ghosts in Machines additional Module ...
    See the 2015 errata: "Clockwork, page 15 We brought the revision of the clockwork forward from the Ghosts in Machines supplement. The new text is as follows: ..."

Orc Ancestry: Tables section lack of link to tables Personality
    Fixed

Many Items lack of Availability.
    Fixed

Personal Gear >> Oil, flask >> Missing description in text field
    fixed

Personal Gear >> Torch >> Missing description in text field
    Fixed

Personal Gear >> Deck of Cards >> This entry is a wrong duplicate of entry called "Cards, Deck" cause Cost is 2 bits insted the correct one is 3 bits as per "Cards, Deck" entry.
    Fixed
    Heavy Melee Weapons >> Greataxe >> Missing description in text field (Requires Strength 13+.).
    Fixed

Ranged Weapons - All items lack of Uses Ammo Cheked.
    Fixed

Shield >> Small Shield >> Missing description in text field (Requires Strength 9+.).
    Fixed

Swift Melee Weapons >> Missing description in text field (Requires Strength or Agility 11 or higher).
    Fixed

Swift Melee Weapons >> Scourge item is missing.
    Fixed

Tools >> Disguise Kit >> Missing description in text field.

Fixed
    Tools >> Healer's Kit >> Missing description in text field.
    Fixed

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    Hello damned! Thanks for all the great work. We just played our first session in this ruleset and everything seemed to run smoothly, but when we tried to start our second encounter, none of our players seem able to perform automated attacks from their sheets. NPCs are able to attack just fine, but none of the PCs are. It worked fine earlier in the session. Here's the type of error we keep getting:

SotDL error.png

Our GM is not running any extensions apart from the base ruleset. Client's been updated as well.

​Edit: This has been solved!
    Hi Damon sorry the session got messed up.
    As we add support for more automation over time it often requires updates to the data.
    We just realised recently that items in Parcels didnt update when we updated the master Items list
    What was happening here is that there was no minstrength value in the armour in the parcel scored from the slavers

We will have to dice back into all (30+) adventures and rebuild the parcels to make sure.

If it happens again in the meantime - open the equipped Armour and add a minstrength of 0 if it is missing.

Thread Information