Starfinder Playlist
Page 13 of 13 First ... 3111213
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustusPharoah View Post
    Can y'all sell an Ultimate Edition of these which a host can provide players? I would happily pay 10-15 for a set I could host.
    Enhancement requests can be added to the wish list; Idea Informer » Feedback 2.0

You may already know this:
    Dice purchases are per user and are not shared. Anyone can make a purchase from the FG Store and gift the item to a different user. You need to make one purchase per order though since I think it is the entire order that is gifted.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by AugustusPharoah View Post
    Can y'all sell an Ultimate Edition of these which a host can provide players? I would happily pay 10-15 for a set I could host.
    Oh, I would definitely pay 10 more dollars if a set was shareable.
    Like 5 bucks for a base set, 15 for a shareable set. That'd be awesome.

I would second that although I might be willing to pay more but then I'd also want to set up custom effects dice for the players and I'm sure that makes it another level of complicated.

I disagree, a dice set is a very personal item for each player.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    I disagree, a dice set is a very personal item for each player.
    The point being it is something that is shared only during the session, like the module content is...something that the GM provides to his players as an option.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

I get the reason is money — as to why a dm can’t share dice like he can his books.

It cost a lot for smiteworks to develop them so they want a return on that investment..I can’t criticize that decision, it’s business.

But I can say it would be VERY cool if they ever considered a shared version for a slightly higher price.

At least imo. But you should know that as it’s, Um, me typing this so it’s my opinion.

When you sit a table to play a game everyone has their own dice. Some have dingy plastic dice, some have liquid metal die hard gaming dice. Everyone (generally) uses their own dice and to many it is personal. It reflects their personality. Books on the other hand are different. Many will have their own PHB but generally much of the time we abuse the GMs books (pass it around). I've spent $50 on a set of dice before, and I am not even sure you can even get a pair of cheap plastic dice for $5. So bottom line is if we want nice things on this platform, we should think about buying something every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    When you sit a table to play a game everyone has their own dice. Some have dingy plastic dice, some have liquid metal die hard gaming dice. Everyone (generally) uses their own dice and to many it is personal. It reflects their personality. Books on the other hand are different. Many will have their own PHB but generally much of the time we abuse the GMs books (pass it around). I've spent $50 on a set of dice before, and I am not even sure you can even get a pair of cheap plastic dice for $5. So bottom line is if we want nice things on this platform, we should think about buying something every once in awhile.
    What Bayne said 100%!

(this post should be deleted)
    Last edited by swest; October 24th, 2023 at 00:24.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    I imagine many DMs here have had to experience providing dice for their players for many reasons. Sometimes you want to provide them better dice because you want the rolls to be more random other times they might forget something or you might have a set of dice that matches their character better. Most DMs I know have huge bags full of hundreds of dice specifically for sharing. I'm totally willing to pay a premium price for all my players to have access to the content and would like as an option
    Last edited by AugustusPharoah; October 24th, 2023 at 05:02.

Thread Information