FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Wall LoS Glitches

Hello,

For roughly the past 3-4 weeks I've noticed that LoS glitches a lot, specifically with the red-line walls. I'll go through and create a map with LoS and sometimes the walls allow vision through them. There is no rhyme or reason, it just randomly happens. I've included a picture of the issue. I already spend 2-3 hours a day working on my two campaigns and having to go through and manually check LoS on every map in a campaign is killing me.

Edit:
    Hello All,

I cannot attach a zipped copy of my campaign folder since the .zip is 239.128 mb and the max sized allowed is 9.54 mb. Also, it seems that I mainly get the glitch when using the arrow keys to move PCs as the GM. I have not received any notice from the players that it is happening on their end. But I will test with my wife's demo version client the next time I find the glitch, which is probably going to be soon since I run into in a couple of times a week. I'm running Curse of Strahd but also have several custom maps for each area alongside the official content.

Edit 2:
    Hello,
    I sent the file via dropbox to Moon Wizard to take a look at.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ErikDWick; October 19th, 2022 at 05:40.
    Very Respectfully,
    Erik Wick

Join our Discord server by clicking this link:
    https://discord.gg/w68wEWZxUs

What is that Red Skull icon on your drop down toolbar? Are you using extensions that interact with the Maps or images? There are a few extensions out there that can cause some anomalies, depending on what they do. Sometimes, if you are viewing as the GM, selecting and deselecting any given token changes from view of the map when one selects of deselects in GM mode as the host. It is possible that 3-4 weeks ago, FGU updated and created a glitch with extensions or older map edits, depending on your content and when you created them. If this is official content, attach your console log and any other details that you might think pertaining to these glitches.
    Most recently, the Curse of Strahd images and maps graphics were updated and many users had to revert back to the original module state in regards to the maps and images, etc if they were already in an existing campaign.
    Last edited by Laerun; October 18th, 2022 at 05:49.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

I think if you draw occluders very close to grid lines then it can sometimes act like in your images. I think it has been reported and is on the devs radar to look at, but I can't remember for sure. It's a very rare thing I think.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It has been reported by me previously. It is very easy to reproduce and depending on design choices (bevel edges) it can be quite often.

Jason

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikDWick View Post
    Hello,

For roughly the past 3-4 weeks I've noticed that LoS glitches a lot, specifically with the red-line walls. I'll go through and create a map with LoS and sometimes the walls allow vision through them. There is no rhyme or reason, it just randomly happens. I've included a picture of the issue. I already spend 2-3 hours a day working on my two campaigns and having to go through and manually check LoS on every map in a campaign is killing me.
    Can you provide a copy of the campaign? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Can you provide a copy of the campaign? Thanks.
    Hi,

When I zip the campaign it's roughly 230mb and FGU forums only allow like 9.45mb file sizes. I have a lot of custom art, maps, tokens, etc.
    Very Respectfully,
    Erik Wick

Join our Discord server by clicking this link:
    https://discord.gg/w68wEWZxUs

You'll have to post on a file sharing site (like DropBox or Google Drive), and provide the link. You can provide via PM, if you like.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Or if you can recreate it in a new smaller campaign. But that might be too much work.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I got the file, and posted an internal ticket for pindercarl to look at.

Thanks,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    I took a look at the custom mercantile map from your post. The wall where the problem is occurring has two collinear wall segments. When two or more wall segments overlap, this can cause an error wherein the segments are ignored.

Thread Information