DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Beta 4.3.0 Performance Feedback

I was tinkering today during lunch with 4.3.0, loaded up a single AD&D 2E module, GDQ: Queen of the Spiders and then opened the map Map08-Troglodyte-Warrens-_50px_48w_70H under category Queen of Spiders: Maps. With that map opened performance went downhill dramatically. There is nothing special about the map 2400x3500, has LOS configured but otherwise simple map.

I noticed even worse performance on other maps from Evil Tide that used water effects and larger. (Drowned Caves, PC)

In addition to the sluggish/muddy UX when the maps were open I was getting a LOT of flickering when I was zooming in/out.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

We actually reverted the image changes with the last build; because they were performing better on many maps, but worse on some maps.

I pushed the new build around 9am PST; so if you updated after that, you would have been using the same engine as the current version.

@cpinder is working on pulling over the ambient lighting specific fixes into the current engine before release next week; since that was one of the biggest performance issues with the current build.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    We actually reverted the image changes with the last build; because they were performing better on many maps, but worse on some maps.

I pushed the new build around 9am PST; so if you updated after that, you would have been using the same engine as the current version.

@cpinder is working on pulling over the ambient lighting specific fixes into the current engine before release next week; since that was one of the biggest performance issues with the current build.

Regards,
    JPG
    Sounds good. Just wanted to report the change.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

FYI: I can confirm that the version up now (2022/10/15 Noon Central) is definitely much more responsive.
    ---

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information