DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: NPC Creation

NPC Creation

A little direction would be greatly appreciated on this.

I opened up FG II and clicked the "Create and View Local Characters". I choose the d20 system. I then created 2 npc's and closed out of FG II.

I then opened up FG II again, but this time I chose "Host a Game as a Gamemaster". I then loaded a campaign I have been working on. Once here I am unable to locate the NPC's I created earlier.

Is it possible to link up NPC's created locally to these campaigns or do these NPC's need to be created once the campaign is loaded?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ksiel

I think that you are creating characters.
    If you want NPCs, then as the GM use the personality sheets and put the info in there.
    Once you have established the NPC that way, you can click the word bubble and speak through that NPC since it's name will appear along the bottom, then you just switch from one NPC to the other.

Hope this is what you needed.

-D

If you want to transfer the local characters to the server start FG2 as a host. Then start another instance of FG2 as a guest, change your user name and log into the server. That will transfer the local characters to the server. You can then close the player instance.

As mentioned, unless the NPC is a member of the party - it is usually better to use the personalities as a DM for NPC's.

Thanks for the help.

I tried opening FGII as a host and then opening up another FGII and log in, however, I get the following error - "License Key Conflict".

I will just recreate the NPC's in the campaign unless there something else I could try.

Ksiel

Did you open both instances of FG2 on the same computer? There should not be a license key conflict if you did.

Yes, I opened both on the same computer.

Heya,

When you connected, did you connect to 127.0.0.1 or localhost? (instead of your outside IP, or even an alias)

Mellock,

Thank you so much... that worked. I was not trying to log in locally. You saved me quite a bit of time.

Thanks again for all the help.

Ksiel

Thread Information