FG Spreadshirt Swag

How to handle 25%, 50%, 75% , 100% actions in a round?

Let's say I wanted to do the option where you can break down a round into 25,50,75 and 100 percent actions. Can this be achieved in the combat tracker? Or event the normal 50 and 100 percent breakdown? Basically I would like to cycle through all the actors for each phase and somehow show that each percentage has been completed. Also, is there somewherre on the combat tracker to keep track of what each actors actions are for the round? Thanks.

How do other GMs handle this? I find with the combat tracker I am reverting to "old school" methods because it's not quite setup for Rolemaster. What would be great is if there were text boxes for each actor, one for each round segment (25,50,75,100 percent). The "25 and 75" are optional if you are using those rules. So therefore you would cycle through all the actors in the CT up to 2-4 times in a round before advancing to the next round. The text boxes would describe what the actor was doing in each segment, if anying

For example:

Player Joe
    25% Action: Draw weapon
    50% Action:
    75% Action:
    100% Action: Attack at -20

NPC Bob
    25% Action:
    50% Action:
    75% Action: Cast Spell
    100% Action:

As you cycle through the Combat tracker, it should grey out or mark off each segment as it completes. It should be smart enought to skip over segments where there is nothing declared.

Splitting a round up into 4 segments is an optional rule. Optional rules take time and effort to implement for little return.

With all of the core changes to FG lately the RMC Dev likely has his hands full just keeping RMC working. Coding optional rules for one-off use cases is probably not in the cards at the current time.

If you want to use Activity Percentage, see Arms Law Table 03-03:

Then enter the % into the proper field on the Combat Tracker:

You could probably get creative with the % numbers to get something close to what you want.

Also, is there somewherre on the combat tracker to keep track of what each actors actions are for the round?
    If you are looking for a way to track, use effects, you can pretty much create any effect you want, just set the duration for how many rounds it should take.

You are likely going to have to be creative in how you use these, or make your own extension. If you some functionality that is not in the base ruleset, an extension is the way to go (see the FRP extension for example).

I had combat phases in the ruleset before converting it to CoreRPG. It didn't make it in the conversion because I couldn't figure out how to get it working with the combat tracker changes and I didn't like the way it was implemented. I do have some ideas of how I would like to do it and have it on my list of things to work on but I have no idea when that would be.

Sulimo gives some good ideas of how to handle it. I've also used the notes in FG. As the GM, I would use one for all the NPCs and the PCs would each create there own. Then I can just leave their notes open and see what they set. It isn't ideal but it does work.

If those options don't work for you and you want it before I can get to it, then you would have to create your own extension for it.

Ok thanks guys. Just to be clear I was talking about either 50/100 or 25/50/75/100, the 50/100 split is part of the core rules and it is not in the combat tracker.

I was thinking of what Sulimo was mentioning, essentially what you have to do then is multiply every percentage by 2 (or 4). So for instance, an action that would take 100% I would enter 400% in the tracker, so it would resolve after 4 "rounds" a 25% action would resolve after one "round".

But now everthing is multiplied by 4, including hits per round, stuns, durations etc. So that kind of falls apart.

Can extensions interact with the combat tracker?

I guess for now I will try and be creative with the *tiny* little checkboxes beside the actor names.

Yes, extensions can change the combat tracker or anything else that you see in the ruleset code.

Ok thanks. ALso, is there a way to cycle through the CT without advancing the round?

Yes, you can use the Next Actor button at the bottom left of the CT to cycle through the entries in initiative order. When you do it after the last entry in the CT, it will advance to the next round. What you could do if you want to go through the entries multiple times is to use the Next Actor button until you get to the last entry and then just click the small circle on the left side of the first entry in the CT. This will change the current actor to the first entry for the next time through using the Next Actor button.

Hi Dakadin,

please even if you have new ideas, let the option be that we can use the combat tracker as it is now, because it reduced the fighting time to 30%. And if you know what rules to take to simulate phases, it is just a little adjustment (+10 Init. for snap, -10 Init. for delibarate...)
    Thanks
    Micael

I remember there are "action points" as an option rule

Thread Information