5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Mac M1 FG crashes on load

Switching to test, FG crashes immediately and I have to delete the entire program and reinstall to get back to live.
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is the first I've heard of this. I checked the source control and the patch system; and that file exists in both. Also, the application runs on my MacBook Pro.

* Can you verify that the following file exists on your machine after updating to Test version?
    "/Applications/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FantasyGrounds.app/Content/Frameworks/UnityPlayer.dylib"

* Can you check that any antivirus/security solutions aren't quarantining any files?

Thanks,
    JPG

I can reliable reproduce this error on my Mac by
    Deleting /Applications/SmiteWorks
    Installing with FGUWebInstall.pkg
    Switch to test
    Update

Curious however if I run the updater directly after that and do some flailing between updating test/live switching back and forth I was able to get test to run although I need to look into that further on why that happened.

Attached are my directory tree and my 3rd party developer exception GKE
    Attached Files Attached Files

I see that the file is listed in the correct location:
    /Applications/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FantasyGrounds.app/Content/Frameworks/UnityPlayer.dylib
    Does it run when the file is in the correct location?

I'm not sure what the GKE is for.

JPG

13[Unnotarized Developer ID] P0 deny execute
    anchor apple generic and certificate 1[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.2.6] exists and certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.13] exists and (certificate leaf[timestamp.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.33] exists and certificate leaf[timestamp.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.33] >= timestamp "20190408000000Z")

Interesting line in GKE. Although that is Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) is integrated with Google Cloud’s Logging service. But perhaps you’ve never investigated your GKE logs, or Cloud Logging? Here’s an overview of how logging works in GKE, and how to configure, find, and interact effectively with the GKE logs stored in Cloud Logging.

I saw the error, but don't know why any Google-related log would have anything to do with whether the application was allowed to run. I expect something like the first error log, if the application is prevented from loading for some reason.

Regards,
    JPG

I think the issue is with Rossetta caching because I can solve the problem by restarting me Macbook. I never have to reinstall FGU when I get this bug.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

@Ulric,

Thanks for the information. That's very informative.

I wonder why Rosetta wouldn't "reset" any information on an application, if the file/timestamp has changed.

Regards,
    JPG

This can be confirmed by myself ... but for me the problem only exists with any non-Live server.

You must restart the Macbook (I have an M1 Max) before attempting to run FGU - the Mac simply reports that it cannot open the program with an Ignore, Report, Retry option.

It is not a big deal, once you know it exists, however it can be daunting the first couple of times.
    Thanks In Advance,
    D

As I think I've mentioned in other threads, I'm not sure why Mac OS is doing this, and I can't seem to find any developer information on how to "reset" the OS caching for an app to prevent this. If you've come across anything related to this, I'd appreciate it so we can look into adding to updater.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information