FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 20 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Issue with Token & Portrait selection and assignment

My GM and I were setting up crew for the newly created ship.

We had the Party Sheet open, along with my PC and Support and the GM had all the other PC's and the support PC

The Support for several players were not yet assigned tokens, so the GM dragged in a token from assets.

This overwrote the portraits and token for my PC as well as the two other just added (to ship crew) support sheets

When I changed my PC token back, it then overwrote those same two characters token along with mine.

The GM was able to assign tokens to support character sheets, but I could not

We are both now confused

Thank you for the report. I will add this to my list to investigate.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I am Reg's GM and figured a fix to the issue. Tokens being placed on the Token Slot, seems to fix the issue. Myself or the others were probably placing tokens on the Portrait Slot on the character sheet. Why it linked 3 characters together and then 2 others is a mystery.

Well Star Trek does operate with some new features that no other ruleset has had the pleasure of testing out. Companions are bit of an odd ball record as it's owned by the player, but also needs to operate like an NPC. So it might be some drop code with one of those templates that thinks it's the player and not the companion itself. That's just one working theory. I won't know anything more concrete till I have some bandwidth to look it over.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Crew Names truncated

Another minor annoyance that has cropped up.

We've just started a new campaign and while everyone is getting used to who's character belongs to whom, we thought that we'd append our real names at the front

The portraits at top left are too small and the Party Sheet truncates them as if centred.

The only place the full text shows up in in Chat for rolls or typed comments

So there's nowhere at a quick glance to check who is is who.

Is there a way around this?

Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 3.28.08 pm.png

I'm currently on vacation and wont' be able to look at this till I am back.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I'm currently on vacation and wont' be able to look at this till I am back.
    Enjoy your much-deserved break!

No rush and never expected otherwise - just wanted to add it to the list of things to look into.

See you next Year

During a test session with our DM and another player familiar with the Pen & Paper version - we think that there might be a glitch in ship combat for how DM threat and Player Momentum spends are calculated to apply to subsequent attack damage rolls.

So when we spend two momentum by clicking penetration twice, the Momentum is reduced, but the target ship's Resistance is NOT ignored by the purchased amount.

Also the special effects any StarFleet deltas that are rolled are not cumulatively applied to numerous systems of the target ship

...and we have another possible glitch for combat.

The difficulty for either ship-to-ship or personal combat seems to ignore the difficulty set by the DM and the defaults are always 1 for ship - either phaser or torpedo - or 2 for personal weapons

This doesn't change for momentum spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    During a test session with our DM and another player familiar with the Pen & Paper version - we think that there might be a glitch in ship combat for how DM threat and Player Momentum spends are calculated to apply to subsequent attack damage rolls.

So when we spend two momentum by clicking penetration twice, the Momentum is reduced, but the target ship's Resistance is NOT ignored by the purchased amount.

Also the special effects any StarFleet deltas that are rolled are not cumulatively applied to numerous systems of the target ship

You will have to add the effects by hand. It's not automated.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    ...and we have another possible glitch for combat.

The difficulty for either ship-to-ship or personal combat seems to ignore the difficulty set by the DM and the defaults are always 1 for ship - either phaser or torpedo - or 2 for personal weapons

This doesn't change for momentum spent.
    If an action has a built in difficulty, it can't be overridden by the difficulty selection. As the GM's difficulty selection is always on it would cause havoc. That is why you are seeing the difficulty not changing for those actions.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information