DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 20 First 1234513 ... Last
    Using /export, the xml file that species generated has blanks for the attributes ids that should be control. Below is code from a species that, in the 'Detail' tab, has Control, Control, Daring, Control, Insight, Presence. In the character creator, only the three non-control items are selected. I have not tested modifying the xml's id tags to be formatted the same as the others and seeing if the species works properly afterwards; but even if that works, the original error of selecting Control and it not working remains.

Code:
    <attributes>
    				<id-00001 />
    				<id-00002 />
    				<id-00003>
    					<name type="string">daring</name>
    				</id-00003>
    				<id-00004 />
    				<id-00005>
    					<name type="string">insight</name>
    				</id-00005>
    				<id-00006>
    					<name type="string">presence</name>
    				</id-00006>
    			</attributes>
    Last edited by Felderburg; October 31st, 2022 at 17:06.

Thanks, I was able to find the issue. I will be pushing a big update for Star Trek with the weekly update to address the issues I have found.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Mustang View Post
    I too have a question: I'm putting in the ship from the starter set. Improved hull gives +1 to resistance. How can I adjust the resistance on a ship? Also how can I adjust power too? It stays at 0/0
    The above quote is from the general questions thread. When a ship is created, its power shows as 0. After using ctrl+scroll, it shows its proper value (and +/-X for how far you scroll). It should show the base value (=engines) on ship creation prior to modifying it.

Edit: The UI on the party sheet also shows only a full bar or nothing for Power (nothing on creation per above or when reduced to 0) and for shields (calculated correctly at creation); the crew support bar doesn't seem to change at all.
    Last edited by Felderburg; November 1st, 2022 at 22:25.

I'm going to need some time to see why this particular field is not updating like the rest. I have found a work around for now is to add the modifier and remove it to populate the power.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

The new species control attribute issue appears to be fixed; I also like the addition of a toggle in the "choice" field.

Edit: The exported xml still shows the self-closed blank id tags instead of a control string. This probably isn't an issue for the average person using a module since it works in the game, but may cause issues if someone opens a file and gets confused.
    Last edited by Felderburg; November 2nd, 2022 at 06:38.

That is intended and how the ruleset functions with that string cycler.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Makes sense, I figured it was doing something like that given that it pulled attributes in a specific order to the character creator, no matter what order they were entered in the Detail tab.

This might not be a bug, but having a species with multiple words in the name appears to make its talents not show up in the character creator. For instance, I was messing around with a "Liberated Borg" species, and only when I changed it and the talent requirements to "Liberated-Borg" did the talents show up. There aren't many in the books, but species like "Rigellian Chelon" or "Soong-Type Android" might encounter issues if that's working as intended. Talents can always be edited/dragged and dropped, but for people who want to go through the creator it will be an issue.

If I make a character. Go to notes and make a support character. If I select Notes on the support character I get an error, every single time I press that button.

Also, if I drag the link of a support character from one charactersheet to another, I also get an error.

I really prefer the support characters over the NPC sheets. The latter seems so lacking, I don't understand why the support sheet was just used instead. Well, I intend to make a single character, that holds all my npc's using support characters, and being able to move them around would be very useful.

Thanks.
    Last edited by viresanimi; November 3rd, 2022 at 15:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
    Makes sense, I figured it was doing something like that given that it pulled attributes in a specific order to the character creator, no matter what order they were entered in the Detail tab.

This might not be a bug, but having a species with multiple words in the name appears to make its talents not show up in the character creator. For instance, I was messing around with a "Liberated Borg" species, and only when I changed it and the talent requirements to "Liberated-Borg" did the talents show up. There aren't many in the books, but species like "Rigellian Chelon" or "Soong-Type Android" might encounter issues if that's working as intended. Talents can always be edited/dragged and dropped, but for people who want to go through the creator it will be an issue.
    Well now I have egg on my face. I was coding in a tunnel with this as I only check single word species names. I will have a fix for this available once I get the green light to push again. New updates are coming to CoreRPG related to dice. So you are correct, was a short sight on my part. Thanks for reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    If I make a character. Go to notes and make a support character. If I select Notes on the support character I get an error, every single time I press that button.

Also, if I drag the link of a support character from one charactersheet to another, I also get an error.

I really prefer the support characters over the NPC sheets. The latter seems so lacking, I don't understand why the support sheet was just used instead. Well, I intend to make a single character, that holds all my npc's using support characters, and being able to move them around would be very useful.

Thanks.
    Can you show me what errors you are getting with the notes? Can you elaborate a bit on what you mean by 'preferring the support characters over the NPC sheets'? I'm not quite following everything after the note report.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Error when pressing the notes button on support characters is error 1. Swapping them between characters is error 2.

What I mean by better. The standard npc stat box is such a D&D remnant and not really applicable to games where "slay monsters" isn't the thing. In my opinion, Star Trek is about people and solving issues. Not necessarily using phasers left and right. And so I think a sheet like the support characters is a better way to keep track of people and making them interesting in your world.

A stat block is just so limiting. It's ... worse..

I don't know how to explain it. I just would like something more and better than a statblock for the inhabitants of my world.

I hope that made sense. I have the worst cold imaginable and not feeling so good, so if I am unclear, I do apologize.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information