FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 20 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    I would be ok with scheduling some time to sit down with you and discuss it as I'm not really following or just missing your suggestion. This is in regards to the stat block suggestion.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I am also getting error 14 when clicking Notes on a supporting character. I haven't seen the one that includes 41. I am also now finding errors when opening or creating NPCs:
    Code:
    [ERROR]  window: Control (disciplinehelp) anchoring to an undefined control (icon) in windowclass (list_entry_npcdisciplines)

I think the complaint may be that the NPC list is too simplistic for a GM who adds "NPCs" that are as fully fleshed-out as PCs, because the difference between a generic "stat block" and a supporting character is quite significant. But I think it's a matter of semantics, or perhaps making things more clear in the UI. I don't know that anything needs to change in regards to NPCs, it should perhaps just be more clear that a GM can take control of a player-type character. Most "villain" NPCs are presented in the book as stat blocks, so I'm not sure the NPC window needs expanding. The thing is, though, more NPCs in STA, both by design with the supporting character system and in general, tend to be fleshed-out characters due the story-driven nature of the game.

I do think that supporting characters should be something in the party sheet, rather than connected to from a specific player character: rules as written, any player can control any support character in different game sessions. And it would be a useful tool for a GM who wants to add a bunch of supporting characters as the crew of a starship who have more to them than just a 'stat block's' worth of numbers.

I would be ok with scheduling some time to sit down with you and discuss it as I'm not really following or just missing your suggestion. This is in regards to the stat block suggestion.
    Sent a message on Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
    I am also getting error 14 when clicking Notes on a supporting character. I haven't seen the one that includes 41. I am also now finding errors when opening or creating NPCs:
    Code:
    [ERROR]  window: Control (disciplinehelp) anchoring to an undefined control (icon) in windowclass (list_entry_npcdisciplines)

I think the complaint may be that the NPC list is too simplistic for a GM who adds "NPCs" that are as fully fleshed-out as PCs, because the difference between a generic "stat block" and a supporting character is quite significant. But I think it's a matter of semantics, or perhaps making things more clear in the UI. I don't know that anything needs to change in regards to NPCs, it should perhaps just be more clear that a GM can take control of a player-type character. Most "villain" NPCs are presented in the book as stat blocks, so I'm not sure the NPC window needs expanding. The thing is, though, more NPCs in STA, both by design with the supporting character system and in general, tend to be fleshed-out characters due the story-driven nature of the game.

I do think that supporting characters should be something in the party sheet, rather than connected to from a specific player character: rules as written, any player can control any support character in different game sessions. And it would be a useful tool for a GM who wants to add a bunch of supporting characters as the crew of a starship who have more to them than just a 'stat block's' worth of numbers.
    I pushed a hot fix that should take care of that error
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Please help, what am I doing wrong? I am playing with the system right now, trying to work up a new ship. I have the ship created, and neither the existing weapons that came from the "frame", nor the ones I added show any damage dice, and I can't find a way to change this. I loaded new weapons, I tried the existing. They all show 0 on the Tactical officer's sheet. I can roll the attack dice from the character, but not the damage. What am I doing wrong.PNG

Caratacus

Please disregard. Whatever I did, I am now not having the same issue. Perhaps my order of loading things was wrong.
    Last edited by Caratacus; November 11th, 2022 at 23:14.

MOD: Moved to bug report thread.

Pushed a hotfix for your report.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

So I'm putting in a couple of ships from the Alpha Quadrant book and I can no longer enter anything in the Description field. Everything on the front page works fine, just the desc page.

Also on NPC's the Disciplines turn to zero when you lock the npc but change back if you unlock it. But if you close the npc and reopen all the disciplines are zero locked or unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by vegaserik View Post
    So I'm putting in a couple of ships from the Alpha Quadrant book and I can no longer enter anything in the Description field. Everything on the front page works fine, just the desc page.
    Quote Originally Posted by vegaserik View Post
    Also on NPC's the Disciplines turn to zero when you lock the npc but change back if you unlock it. But if you close the npc and reopen all the disciplines are zero locked or unlocked.
    Pushed a hotfix to address these issues.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Pushed a hotfix to address these issues.
    That was FAST!! Thank you!!!!

Thread Information