STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 20 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Just noticed that Encounter With a Truly Alien Being (a Career Event) has Control as the Attribute it raises, mechanically, but the description says it should be Reason.

I checked the rulebook and that says Reason, so I'm guessing it's the Control in the detail panel that's wrong.

Thanks for the report. I'll push an update for this with the next weekly update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Hello all! Thanks for the gorgeous LCARS UI for the STA stuff! Wonderful!

Unfortunatley I am having some difficulties with using both the weapons as statted in the STA module to make attack rolls, and creating custom weapons to circumvent the issue.

All weapon items appear to be incorrectly referencing Security/Security as the attack roll made. The STA CRB (p174) says that attacks are a combination of an attribute and discipline roll, like the other rolls in the 2D20 system. Melee attacks use Daring + Security and ranged attacks Control + Security respectively. There is no way way to set an Attribute for the attack attribute, as it only references Disciplines in the attack Attribute slot of the weapon item detail card. This seems to break the calculations for all combat automations. See the steps to reproduce the issue below.

REPRODUCE
    1) Open an existing weapon item
    2) Unlock Item sheet
    3) Attempt to edit the ATK Discipline to the appropriate Attribute

Expected: To be able to select an ATK Attribute for the automation roll
    Actual: The field is limited to Discipline cell selection

Thanks for all your hard work! I'm sure this will be remedied swiftly with the quality on display!

The controls on weapons are for the attack and damage discipline used. From the core rulebook I have looked over I couldn't find any other need for the attribute to be changed from it's default. It appears only the discipline was changed. Nerve pinch comes to mind. Since some attacks use different disciplines for the TN it was added to allow that change. I will try to reproduce the others you have reported.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Hey Dominic,

This is the issue I was talking about on Discord, vis a vis Nerve Pinch not calculating the TN correctly. I think Will had some others as well.

I am specifically unable to even set an attribute to be rolled. It only allows for disciplines. All phasers in my FGU roll security/security when fired via the automation on the combat tab. I had to create an unarmed attack weapon item to use in the combat tab automation as it is not present in the items and am only able to select two Disciplines for it. The roll is an Attribute and a Discipline. There is currently no way to select an Attribute, it just clicks through Disciplines. There is no way to create an attack that will roll an Attribute and a Discipline IE Daring+ Security for a melee attack using the weapon items or custom weapons.

I'm struggling to find a way to clarify the issue further? All I need to do is open a weapon to see that it rolls security/security. If I test the roll, it rolls the appropriate math for security/security. There is no weapon attack that I am aware of in the STA system that rolls Security/Security or ANY Discipline/Discipline combination. All rolls are resolved with an Attribute/Discipline, so why am I unable to create an attack that uses the combat automation using an Attribute/Discipline. Furthermore, I'm confused as to why all the phasers in the CRB transcription into FGU list Security/Security in their item description when the actual rulebook clarifies that it is a Control/Security.

Maybe I am misunderstanding the UI and math, or I could be misunderstanding your explanation, but the issue seems pretty self evident to me upon a cursory examination of the system.

EDIT: I was factually misundertsanding ATK and DMG discipline UI. There remains the issue of the TN's not updating to reflect changes made to the atrributes/disciplines, as with the example given with the Nerve Pinch below though
    Last edited by Will Tomorrow; December 10th, 2022 at 01:43.

Items are not setting the TN number correctly if you change the default Discipline. Example is Nerve Pinch.

To recreate - drag Nerve Pinch to the sheet, and change the ATK and DMG fields from Security to Science (normal for NP) or any other Discipline.
    Roll produces a TN that says Daring + Science in the chat card, but is calculating Daring + Security TN, regardless of the change.

Creating a new item and setting the ATK and DMG fields to Science then dragging the NP to the sheet produces the same miscalculation when rolling.

https://discord.com/channels/2745828...45960449818695
    Last edited by Atreides Ghola; December 10th, 2022 at 01:34.

Right, I will check it out. Just wanted to explain why you see Security/Security in the controls on the item. They represent being able to change the discipline for the calculation. I haven't seen anywhere in the materials I was given where the Attribute wasn't set by the type of the attack. I'm not disputing the validity of your reports and will attempt to replicate and see what might be causing the issue. Just wanted to be sure it was relayed the logic of the sheet.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

I pushed a hot fix for the attack Tn and damage rating not updating when changed on the item sheet for the PCs.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Awesome, thank you!

RE: Choosing Attributes - RAW yes, they only put forward Control + Security for ranged and Daring + Security for melee. I personally would rather use Fitness + Security for melee, and Daring for an extra special, Kirk Flying Butt attack, so the drop down would be nice in that case. I understood that you'd put it in w/o the drop down to reflect the CRB RAW.

Anyway, Cheers again for hotfixing the TN calculation so quickly!

Thread Information