FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 20 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    You will have to add the effects by hand. It's not automated.

If an action has a built in difficulty, it can't be overridden by the difficulty selection. As the GM's difficulty selection is always on it would cause havoc. That is why you are seeing the difficulty not changing for those actions.
    These two things seem to be contradictory.

Energy weapons are the primary armament of most
    vessels, as they are straightforward, effective, and do
    not require additional heavy munitions stores — only
    rechargeable power cells and relays that connect to the
    vessel’s power systems. Attacks using energy weapons
    have a basic Difficulty of 2. Making an attack with an
    energy weapon has a Power requirement of 1, and
    may spend up to two additional Power to increase the
    damage by +1 per additional Power spent.

Torpedo weapons, such as the common photon
    torpedoes employed by vessels of many species, are
    programmable, self-propelled projectiles with an explosive
    payload, such as a quantity of antimatter, or some manner
    of field generator. Attacks with torpedoes do not have
    a Power requirement, but also cannot use additional
    Power to add bonus . However, firing torpedoes can
    be considered to escalate hostilities, so attacking with
    torpedoes immediately adds 1 to Threat. Characters may
    choose to fire a torpedo salvo instead of a single torpedo
    (also known as a “Full Spread”), which adds 2 more to
    Threat, but which adds +1 to the attack’s Damage and
    grants the Spread effect. Attacks using torpedoes have a
    basic Difficulty of 3.

• RANGE: This will be one of Close (or C), Medium (M), or Long (L). This is not a maximum range, but rather the optimal range of the weapon. If the target is at that distance, the Difficulty of the attack is unchanged. If the target is closer or further away, increase the Difficulty of the attack by +1 for each category (Close, Medium, Long, or Extreme) away from the weapon’s Range. p.231

• Then there's things like attack patterns and evasive manoeuvre that will also create a difficulty change that don't seem to be automated, so would require the GM to alter the default difficulty for an attack shot.

That's before you consider any of the story might dictate.

Would it not be better to default to 2& 3 that the GM can then alter depending upon circumstances?

You can add the DIFFICULTY effect to increase or decrease such cases.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...vanced+Effects
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I guess this is a bug... when I export a character, most of the apostrophes are converted to the "&#8217 ;" text (space inserted so that it doesn't show up as an apostrophe). I suspect that a lot of the apostrophes used in talents and item descriptions are the "curly" type instead of the straight type, which is causing the issue. I don't think it's a problem, but it is sort of annoying, and in some items like the tricorder, for example, both types are used.

That would be something that is inherent from CoreRPG and not something that can be resolved with the ruleset. Until something is done at that layer, I would suggest trying to copy and paste into a text editor and changing them to a standard apostrophe.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    That would be something that is inherent from CoreRPG and not something that can be resolved with the ruleset. Until something is done at that layer, I would suggest trying to copy and paste into a text editor and changing them to a standard apostrophe.
    Well, using the Tricorder example, it looks like the text that is put into descriptions of talents or items can use a straight apostrophe within the ruleset, but the things that come from the book are locked so we can't edit them ourselves. It would be nice if future books just use the straight apostrophe when they're written to avoid the issue.

I can add it to my list to investigate and see if I can find a solution.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

When I *click* the question marks that have tooltip popups for attributes and disciplines, I get the following error in chat: "UtilityManager.sendToHelpLink - Missing URL". The tooltip popup appears to be working properly (in that when I mouse over the question mark, info on the attribute/discipline pops up).

That is on my list. They aren't meant to be clicked and should just be mouse over tooltips.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Issue with Token & Portrait selection and assignment

My GM and I were setting up crew for the newly created ship.

We had the Party Sheet open, along with my PC and Support and the GM had all the other PC's and the support PC

The Support for several players were not yet assigned tokens, so the GM dragged in a token from assets.

This overwrote the portraits and token for my PC as well as the two other just added (to ship crew) support sheets

When I changed my PC token back, it then overwrote those same two characters token along with mine.

The GM was able to assign tokens to support character sheets, but I could not

We are both now confused
    I also found similar issues with the support character tokens. I created a support character, and when I clicked on its portrait to change it, it changed portraits and tokens for itself and the "parent" character. When I drag-copied it to another character, it didn't change until I changed the second character's. Changing a copied support character sometimes didn't change the parent character and sometimes the parent didn't change a copied support character. Opening the "Assets" window and dragging from there to a portrait/token on a character seemed to force the character (support or parent) to keep the dragged choices no matter what other characters did.

This was sort of a haphazard testing, so I don't have specific steps/reproductions, but can do it again with actual methodology if needed.

Thanks, this was reported and it's being looked into. Thanks for the report.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information