DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... Last

Official Star Trek 2d20 Bug Report Thread

Use this thread to post any ruleset specific issues to track and get resolved. When reporting, please provide steps in reproducing the issue and any images if possible.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Character Entry Questions - Possible Bug?

I have a few questions and comments related to character creation -admittedly, I may just be misunderstanding some design decisions.

1. How do you add unarmed strike to the combat tasks? I can do it by creating an item and adding it - but the knockdown and vicious effects do not appear in the combat tasks selections even though they are included in the item entry.
    2. Am I correct that the Values are added in the notes section? Assuming that's correct, and just a suggestion: I think values are important enough to warrant their own section.
    3. It would be nice if the Attributes and Disciplines layout followed the graphical layout of the the Modiphius character sheets and Adventures (see the James Kirk character sheet for an example) where Control is above Daring , rather than above Insight - and so on.

Nits aside - Loving the ruleset so far! Thank you.
    Last edited by Talen; October 12th, 2022 at 06:59.

1) Unarmed strike would need to be setup as an weapon in your equipment frame for it to be made available. The weapon qualities won't appear on the entry under Attack action, but the system will apply their effects when appropriate when using unarmed strike. Charge and Grenade get special treatment as the effect is slotted and removed very quickly and will have quick options below the entry.
    2) The notes are a new concept for organizing certain data on a sheet. I appreciate your feedback for this new concept and will take it into consideration.
    3) The organization of the attributes and disciplines are alphabetical and setup using the built in filters for the controls. How they appear is how the code currently makes them appear. I will make a note of that for possible expansion in the future.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Makes sense and thanks for the quick response!

Some of the text on the Akira Class at the end of Capabilities in the Detail section has some text at the end that needs to have the spacing fixed on it from how it was imported.

Added to fix that will be available with next weekly update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Possible Complication Range Bug

As the GM, I have selected a task with Difficulty 2 and a Treacherous Complication range. I have selected the D2 and C5 boxes. However, the complication range does not appear to have changed - rolls of 16 and over do not show as raising a complication in the chat window when rolled by the player. However, if I roll as the GM, the complication will be triggered. In addition, the boxes do not appear to be reverting to the default after the roll for either the GM or the player as indicated in the Wiki.

(I was assuming the difficulty and complication would need to be set by the instance that does the roll [similar to how flat-footed etc. works in other systems] - though I haven't tested it with a second player instance yet.)

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    As the GM, I have selected a task with Difficulty 2 and a Treacherous Complication range. I have selected the D2 and C5 boxes. However, the complication range does not appear to have changed - rolls of 16 and over do not show as raising a complication in the chat window when rolled by the player. However, if I roll as the GM, the complication will be triggered. In addition, the boxes do not appear to be reverting to the default after the roll for either the GM or the player as indicated in the Wiki.
    Was able to verify. Looks like I forget to set the complication public. Will be in with the next update. As for them not reverting to default, there was some feedback during Fallout and Dune that setting them for each roll was tedious for multiple rolls. The same can be said for this approach as well, but this will remain the same through multiple rolls instead of needing change every roll.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

In the Reference Manual of the Core book in CH05 REPORTING FOR DUTTY under Lifepath Creation in Step Seven: Finishing Touches under RANK AND ROLL the text describing each role has some text that needs to be italisized in each role. If you look at a PDF or print copy of the Core book you can see the italisized text. The description with no rules of each is in normal text and the text with game rules needs go in italics for each. The way the text was imported in and that the text changes from normal to italics in each role is why the import made it all normal I suspect.

Thread Information