FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Holler: Issues and feeback

With the release of Holler, this thread it to discuss any issues with the product.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Hmm,.. why does Holler not show up as a setting when creating a campaign? All I see is it as a Theme. I do see the modules when I get in, but Lankhmar and Lost Colony, Deadlands, The After and Savage Suzerain show up as settings?

Edit: I typed this two days ago and forgot to hit reply! Doh!

Because it does not need a setting specific extension, just a theme, it has no special rules that override SWADE.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Ok, why do the modules look like this? Book names are all buggered up.
    Holler Modules.png

Also, trying to drag Holler skills from the reference section it's just a table of text. How do we get the Holler skills onto a character sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven1 View Post
    Ok, why do the modules look like this? Book names are all buggered up.
    Holler Modules.png

Also, trying to drag Holler skills from the reference section it's just a table of text. How do we get the Holler skills onto a character sheet?
    That is caused by having the Enhanced Library extension running.

You generally can't drag things from Reference Manuals.
    Drag things from the various lists that open from the side bar buttons; Skills, Edges, Powers, etc.
    side_buttons.png

Not that one. I have Arcane Devices, Character Advances, Charsheet Contacts, SW Maker, Theme - Holler, Theme SWADE Oversized Action Deck, and Trait Roll Details. First thing I did today was an update, then closed the campaign and re-opened it without Charsheet Contacts and the modules looked correct. Reloaded with the extension and they still looked right. I don't know if it was the update or what, but all looks correct now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    You generally can't drag things from Reference Manuals.
    Drag things from the various lists that open from the side bar buttons; Skills, Edges, Powers, etc.
    side_buttons.png
    Well, I started to say, "I'm a big dummy.." but the Holler specific skills are not listed in the Character/Skills section, the only things that show up are SWADE. Same with the Powers. The drop down at the top of the window give me the options of SWADE or Uncategorized, or All. Choosing Uncategorized displays nothing.

Well, I started to say, "I'm a big dummy.." but the Holler specific skills are not listed in the Character/Skills section, the only things that show up are SWADE. Same with the Powers. The drop down at the top of the window give me the options of SWADE or Uncategorized, or All. Choosing Uncategorized displays nothing.
    Uncategorized would be stuff you made generally. Sounds like you don't have Holler module loaded. Show some screenshots.

Arcane Devices extension is no longer needed as the functionality has been added in latest SWADE version.

Also as Doswelk said it has no special settings just a theme so not sure there are any special powers. That would be trappings.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; April 5th, 2023 at 07:12.

...but the Holler specific skills are not listed in the Character/Skills section, the only things that show up are SWADE.
    Yep, I don't see any skill entries in the Holler FG modules.

There's three new skills - Distilling (Smarts), Folklore (Smarts) and Folk Magic (Smarts). These can be manually added to a character as needed (click the green (+) button at the top of the Skills list on the PC sheet), although I agree it would be nice to have drag/drop entries for these.

Same with the Powers.
    Are there actually any powers unique to the Holler setting? I've had a quick look through the PDF and I can't see any, with all of the powers listed in Chapter 5: Wyrd Ways being standard powers from SWADE - although I could have missed Holler specific powers if they're somewhere else in the book.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information