DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Tokens - not so clear

I'm not sure I get what tokens are supposed to do. It seemed to me they were items/objects/critters/etc you'd put on maps that you could move around. With that in mind I made some tokens and they seem to work, but when I zoom the map the tokens don't zoom. I kinda thought they'd zoom too. Is that not what tokens are for?

You need to right click on a token and "Lock Token Scale" to get them to stay the same size relative to the zoom level.

And yes, generally you have it right what they are used for.

Well, good! I didn't spend all of last night making tokens for nothing then.

Being able to lock the token scale is useful, because it means you don't necessarily have to make your maps the same scale as the tokens. You can drop a token on the map, zoom in or out until the token and map are at the right size, and then lock the scale. This works regardless of what resolution or grid size you intended the map to be.

Then you set the size and position of FG's grid and Bob's your uncle.

If you want to scale tokens individually as well, you can do so as explained in the User Guide (navigate to Using the combat tracker -> Scaling tokens. This works at least in the d20 ruleset.

Thread Information