DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Campaign saving problem

Hi,
    I have a campaign on Starfinder on Mac, and when I want to copy the campaign repertory on my PC, not all data was transferred
    For exemple, I copy all files inside my FGU repertory on my Windows PC and when I open the campaign on my PC (windows 11) I don t have all of data on player notes for exemple
    And when a player lose some HP, or write something on his sheet all data was not copied
    Do you know why ?
    Copy the campaign directory is enough to have all information ?
    Thanks for your help

If you copy the campaign folder (that is the folder with your campaign name on it) from inside the campaigns folder and paste it into the same folder on your Windows PC then all of the data should be there. I don't think it should matter whether the transfer is taking place between a mac and a PC. I'm no export on macs, but the data files should be the same as far as I know.

I assume that when you load up your campaign on your mac that there's no missing data between sessions?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

With the PCs from your Mac, export them from FG Unity into XML files in case. Then import them on your new setup once you have it fixed.
    Sometimes you can miss a file or perhaps some hidden files might not have copied over. Make sure that your new folder has read an write permissions. FGU save automatically and often. You can initiate your own save by typing /save before exiting your older session. On your new computer, make sure that you are signed into your account and update the FGU client software. Potentially remove files sush as .ds_store files too.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Blog Entries
    its possible that on one computer you are not running in Live mode. This means that the data for that computer will be in the FGU data folder but under a subfolder called channel and then another subfolder test or dev (or something like that).

Thanks everybody, it works !
    I think it is about the /save .... i closed FGU too soon before saving, and perhaps i took the wrong folder in my MACbook
    Thanks for your tips

Quote Originally Posted by Teemmiiuurr View Post
    I think it is about the /save .... i closed FGU too soon before saving, and perhaps i took the wrong folder in my MACbook
    Fantasy Grounds saves every 5 minutes and also when you exit Fantasy Grounds - you shouldn't need to use the /save chat command. If your session is not saving correctly when you exit FG then we need to investigate that further.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information